I paid for six months and they closed the studio refusing to give refund!

After being a loyal customer and always paying and renewing the mandatory 6 month contract on time, Z Ultimate repaid us with dishonesty. They took our 6 month payment and then closed the studio a month later. They refuse to give us a refund for the months we received no service. They are open in other locations, but we are unable to drive out of town. DO NOT go to this company for your martial arts training! Our new studio's training is better, is open more days per week, and is a month by month payment system. ZUltimate is dishonest and treated one of its best students and his family with zero respect and loyalty.
ID
Layton, Utah
Loss

Sensei's are not dependable

Update by user Jul 12, 2012

One issue was resolved. Definitely worth trying the free month they offer. Despite what they say, never attend class when ill.

Original review posted by user May 19, 2012
The sensei's of Z-Ultimate self defense studios in Walnut, CA. are not who I thought they would be. There are several things I don't like about them but only one thing I HATE! The main instructors left when I was really sick at his dojo! I couldn't hardly walk let alone drive. I didn't have anyone to help me out! I had just invested $7000.00 in that dojo a few months prior! How could anyone be so cruel! I hope this never happens to anyone. Sign up at your risk! I know it wasn't their job to drive me to the hospital but it's never my job to help someone in need yet I still do it!

I’m a 72 year old woman, about to turn 73. I started at the Z-Ultimate Self Defense Studio in Thousand Oaks of January 2011 when I was 68.

I’m still going. All the senseis have been wonderful and supportive. It’s been a wonderful experience in many ways. I never did anything like this before, and very proud of my progress.

I’m more fit than ever; you should have seen me when I first started. I’ve made many friends, and I can kick-ax. I’m about to test for my Green Belt.

Go Z-Ultimate! Vivian (8/29/2015)

I am sorry for the bad experience...and the important part is that you feel as though you were let down...but I know that many,MANY instructors really do care about their students and their well being...

@PissedConsumer538922

Yes. My senseis have been wonderful.

I have much love for them.

My complaint is that none of them were willing to help me by driving me home to better yet to the emergency.

If you don't mind my asking, what was it exactly that you expected them to do? There are program holds for illness, right? Is your complaint that they didn't drive you to class?

View more comments (4)
ID
#319499 Review #319499 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Thousand Oaks, California

About

ZULTIMATE SELF DEFENSE STUDIOS Terms of Service
By accessing this web site, The Client are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that The Client of ZULTIMATE SELF DEFENSE STUDIOS are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If The User do not agree with any of these terms, The User of Website are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Z-Ultimate Self Defense Studios, LLC's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This license shall automatically terminate if The User violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Z-Ultimate Self Defense Studios, LLC at any time. Upon terminating The Customer's viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, The Customer must destroy any downloaded materials in The User's possession whether in electronic or printed format.
To read more: http://zultimate.com/terms-of-service/
ZULTIMATE SELF DEFENSE STUDIOS Privacy Policy
ZUltimate.com is serious about protecting The Customer's online privacy. This Privacy Statement explains ZULTIMATE SELF DEFENSE STUDIOS's' views and practices concerning privacy, and how they may pertain to The Client as a user of Company's website. All information transmitted, printed or otherwise submitted to ZUltimate.com via this website shall be deemed to be the property of ZUltimate.com and ZUltimate.com shall be free to use such information for any lawful purpose as detailed herein. This site contains links to other sites and zultimate.com are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. ZULTIMATE SELF DEFENSE STUDIOS reserve the right to release such information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as zultimate.com in ZULTIMATE SELF DEFENSE STUDIOS's' sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary to comply with the law. E-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with ZUltimate.com via e-mail.
To read more: http://zultimate.com/privacy-policy/
Summary

Zultimate Self Defense Studios specializes in Karate classes and martial arts instruction for kids and adults. The company was founded in 2010. Its headquarters is based in Huntington Beach, California, USA. Zultimate Self Defense Studios offers the following programs: Karate for Kids, Self Defense Classes for Teens, Adult Karate Classes, and Black Belt. The lessons also improve heart health, lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and reduce systemic inflammation. All Zultimate Self Defense Studios members organize and participate in different tournaments and seminars. The company has a learning center with video instructions and workbooks. There is a free 30 day test drive option which includes group classes and private lessons.

ZULTIMATE SELF DEFENSE STUDIOS reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article