I paid for six months and they closed the studio refusing to give refund!

After being a loyal customer and always paying and renewing the mandatory 6 month contract on time, Z Ultimate repaid us with dishonesty. They took our 6 month payment and then closed the studio a month later. They refuse to give us a refund for the months we received no service. They are open in other locations, but we are unable to drive out of town. DO NOT go to this company for your martial arts training! Our new studio's training is better, is open more days per week, and is a month by month payment system. ZUltimate is dishonest and treated one of its best students and his family with zero respect and loyalty.
ID
Layton, Utah
Loss

Sensei's are not dependable

Update by user Jul 12, 2012

One issue was resolved. Definitely worth trying the free month they offer. Despite what they say, never attend class when ill.

Original review posted by user May 19, 2012
The sensei's of Z-Ultimate self defense studios in Walnut, CA. are not who I thought they would be. There are several things I don't like about them but only one thing I HATE! The main instructors left when I was really sick at his dojo! I couldn't hardly walk let alone drive. I didn't have anyone to help me out! I had just invested $7000.00 in that dojo a few months prior! How could anyone be so cruel! I hope this never happens to anyone. Sign up at your risk! I know it wasn't their job to drive me to the hospital but it's never my job to help someone in need yet I still do it!

I’m a 72 year old woman, about to turn 73. I started at the Z-Ultimate Self Defense Studio in Thousand Oaks of January 2011 when I was 68.

I’m still going. All the senseis have been wonderful and supportive. It’s been a wonderful experience in many ways. I never did anything like this before, and very proud of my progress.

I’m more fit than ever; you should have seen me when I first started. I’ve made many friends, and I can kick-ax. I’m about to test for my Green Belt.

Go Z-Ultimate! Vivian (8/29/2015)

I am sorry for the bad experience...and the important part is that you feel as though you were let down...but I know that many,MANY instructors really do care about their students and their well being...

@PissedConsumer538922

Yes. My senseis have been wonderful.

I have much love for them.

My complaint is that none of them were willing to help me by driving me home to better yet to the emergency.

If you don't mind my asking, what was it exactly that you expected them to do? There are program holds for illness, right? Is your complaint that they didn't drive you to class?

View more comments (4)
ID
#319499 Review #319499 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Thousand Oaks, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article