Wellington Souza

ZipBy - Double Charge the parking
ZipBy - Double Charge the parking - Image 2
ZipBy - Double Charge the parking - Image 3
Original review Jul 06, 2024

On July 3rd, 2024, I parked at EasyPark - Lot 31, 160 Water St. Because I installed the ZipBy app, they automatically charged my parking fee without any notice.

Fortunately, the credit card on file was limited, and they couldn't complete the transaction. However, they keep attempting to charge it, and the amount will likely be deducted soon.

Unaware of this automatic charge, I requested a ticket at the front desk and paid for parking with my credit card when leaving.

The lady at the desk advised me to check for double charges and to ask for a refund if that happened.

When I got home, I opened the ZipBy app and discovered that they still considered the transaction valid and kept trying to debit my credit card daily.

Several times, I have called their customer service, and they assured me they would escalate the issue and cancel the transaction. They promised to contact me by email and phone, but I have not heard back.

Another problem is that they don't have any other contact channel to allow me send the receipt or email describing the problem.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Convenience
Cons:
  • Customer service does nothing to solve the problem

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Uninstall ZipBy app from your phone

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article