Violation of Privacy

I arrived in Omaha from New York on 10/21/20 for an EMS course at Creighton University that lasted two days. I am currently a paramedic working in New York on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. I visited Zen Coffee Company with a fellow classmate on 10/22 and 10/23 for morning coffee before my class started. We arrived at the store at 0650 each morning. I am fully aware that the store opens at 0700, however, we wanted to get there early in order to make sure that we were there right when the business opened so that we could grab coffee and make it to my 0745 class. We waited out in the rain on 10/22 and out in the very cold weather on 10/22. Waiting for Zen Coffee to open is not my complaint. I do understand that the business opens at 0700 and has strict protocols to follow. The problem is, later in the day on 10/22, I received a personal message on Facebook as well as an email to my professional Creighton University email from the owner of the company, Abby McLeay. I am not sure how she was able to get this information. I believe she tracked it off of my credit card information. She contacted me and accused me of "yelling and harassment." She stated that I was a "hooded figure with masks on and no vehicle in site." She also stated that she called the police on me. I responded expressing my concerns of her contacting me on my personal social media and email account and she preceded to state that she will be contacting Creighton University directly to inform them. This is slander. We in no way yelled, harassed, or even made contact with the store clerk until they opened the doors at 0700. We did not complain or make any negative comments. I was wearing a surgical face mask because that is the health department's recommendation during this pandemic. I feel legitimately uncomfortable that she stalked me on social media and contacted me on my professional email account. I worry what else she will do to invade my privacy. I do not wish for Abby McLeay to make any further attempts to contact me. Her accusations are offensive and can be slanderous and detrimental to my professional career. My fellow classmate can vouch for my behavior and I am sure that the business is under video surveillance and can validate my innocence. I truly wish that no one ever experience what I went through with this woman.

User's recommendation: Do not visit coffee shop if you want your personal space invaded (Facebook, professional email, etc.).

ID
Service
Zen Coffee Company Customer Care
Loss
Preferred solution
Apology

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article