Backorder forever

Update by user Nov 05, 2019

No sense of urgency, or concern for the customer, whatsoever. Company believes that they are so big, they don't have to be bothered with the average consumer, that buys their product.

How can you estimate 3-4 weeks for a part to be delivered? Then, give no update to the company that is trying to help you get your system fixed.

Arrogant, terrible company to deal with. No way to contact.

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2019
The blower wheel, and motor recently failed in my air handler unit for my home hvac system. My home warranty company, Old Republic, has been struggling with York, since Oct., 18, 2019 to get the blower wheel, to fix the unit. The story from York is: 7 days to process the order. 10-12 days to process order from warehouse to contractor. Today is November 5, 2019. I am still waiting. We have no heat in the house, and temps have been in the 20's, and 30's at night. Thanks York. I will never have another York product, as long as I live.
ID
Cons
  • Terrible customer service
Reason of review
Order processing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

York has incompetent and dishonest dealer/contractors.

I paid for a top of the line York heating and air conditioning system. The York units were installed by Bayshore Mechanical near Roanoke, Virginia. The system had problems from the start and is in need of constant repair. Bayshore was unable to get the brand new system to operate properly and I've spent a great deal of money on repairs. Bayshore bragged about the superior reliability of York but the entire system has had nothing but expensive problems. It turns out York has a poor quality reputation and its dealers like Bayshore that help to drag its reputation down. York does not care about a consumer. If you buy one you are on your own. I will never trust Bayshore Mechanical or York again. Both of these companies are bad.

123

As regards this particular complaint I would caution readers to read it carefully. The consumer offers no details or specific issues. His rants on this and other forums remind me more of a tantrum by a child after being told he can't have a cookie than a reasonable adult seeking a solution to problem.

@PissedConsumer59674

If all you interested party's just sit on your *** and read people's complaints, then you are part of the problem. I understand you must have a lax attitude without going on service calls trying to keep your customers happy and your reputation in good standing.

As far as cautioning the readers to read it carefully, I think the readers can read between the lines when it comes to products that are under warranty. If a rant reminds you of a child, try meeting the demands of customer out in the field and the frustration with dealing with york. When it comes to money lost, It's not funny.

York is the ones not being reasonable. They ignore people when something needs to be resolved.

@PissedConsumer1098041

Like a child.....

@PissedConsumer1715574

38 years breaking ***

View more comments (4)
Livingston, New Jersey

York air & heating, they are liars

we recently were actually forced into believing that we had to buy the york on the night that they sales rep was at our house and then they told us that there wasn't a generic and there is, they were going to charge us 10.087.00 for a system that we couldn't afford!!!!! They lied to us and tried to intemidate us... I do have to say that there technicians are the greatest guys ever, but that is because they are consumers to and very good people, they need to be there sales people.. and the sales people need to get there *** out in the field and then they might know how it is to be a hard worker and they might actually learn something
Saint Louis, Missouri
Loss

About

York Products Pros and Cons

Cons: Terrible customer service

Summary

York Products is a manufacturer of home comfort products. Company has a long 135 years long history that started in 19874 when manufacturing company in York, Pennsylvania, began making ice machines. All York Products have special features to satisfy customers requirements including high energy efficiency, quite operations, space efficient size, attractive design and easy access panels. York Products include such items as furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, package units, air handlers, indoor air quality, thermostats and controls, full systems. also company offers a wide choice of commercial products including packaged heating and cooling, packaged heat pumps, outdoor split systems, indoor split systems, energy recovery ventilators. Company is headquartered in Norman, OK.

York Products reviews and complaints

York Products is ranked 666 out of 1935 in Appliances and Electronics category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article