Vehicle repair that did nothing.

On April 21, 2011, I took my 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser (48,100 miles) to York Chrysler-Dodge dealer (765 362 ****) at 1765 US Hwy 231S in Crawfordsville, In. 47933. The car was stalling & dying in turns. Dealer replaced 4 spark plugs, a linear IACV solenoid, cleaned fuel injectors, intake manifold, ports, valves and combustion chambers. All of this did not remedy the problem. York then thought it was a vacuum seal, this did not cure the problem either. For the next 2 weeks they told me that they were checking with Chrysler technicians for a solution. After 3 weeks I took the car from York to an independent mechanic who diagnosed the problem as a faulty crankshaft position sensor PC440, and made the repair in 1 day, and rectified the problem. The total invoice from York Chrysler was $472. We had no objection to paying this if it fixed the car, but it did nothing to help it ! I feel that most of York's attempted repairs were guess work and unnecessary, and the cost is far to high for not solving the problem. We have discussed this directly with this dealer and have failed to reach any resolution other than to pay the complete amount. If an independent repairman diagnosed the problem and fixed in 1 day, I fail to understand why York could not in 3 weeks.
ID
Clayton, Indiana

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article