Yoostar "walks off the set" for customers.

It really makes me mad when you purchase a product and the company completely abandons its customers. I purchase the Yoostar system several years ago. It was not cheap, ..couple hundred dollars. I recently got a new computer and installed the software. The software is "that" kind that has to be "registered" online. ....OK.....I go to register it and ..." the server is offline".... What? I sent an email to the company and sure enough.......they pretty much said F U.... we dont care about you (our customer ) anymore. We dont care that you cant use our expensive system that you bought and gave us money for. So....the moral of this movie is .... DONT BUY FROM YOOSTAR.....you'll just get a boot in the butt....

I made movies with my family and there gone. and brought a lot of clips and there lost also

will they ever open the systems again. or is there something similiar

agreed same problem you payed for it they should of at least informed you through your email or something bc u registered it before and its total bs they should of mad it to where you could register it offline like most programs

Oh yes you can at least expect them to make it so you can use the software. DOS still runs on old computers.

We dont need support, we just need the software to run, it wont even let you use it since they locked it unless you register it and you can't register it! Why don't you send us both 200 bucks and we will be fine and you can just accept the fact that things happen.

Jump on the bandwagon and let big companies screw the consumer! Way to go!

You can't really expect a company to support a product indefinitely "several years" after you bought it. There is such a thing as product life cycles.

@PissedConsumer503581

Yes to product life cycle but if you're moving the product to a different platform (X-Box) while knowing there are still unsold units available in stores you could at least keep the registration website and make it so it auto registers any system trying to do so and unlocks the functionality of it.

I don't think you really understand: it's not about support per se they made it so the equipment doesn't work if it's not registered so it's not that they closed support for issues with the product it's that they made the product completely unusable by closing the registration site.

Microsoft no longer supports windows XP but I can still run it in my computer. See the difference?

@PissedConsumer994736

They could at least be nice and send an unlocked version to customers who contact them, with serial no's.

View more comments (6)
ID
Chicago, Illinois

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article