New Yardman snowblower, 21" wide, 4-cycle 123cc engine

I recently purchased a new 21" wide snow blower (from a local Home Depot store) that has a 4-cycle, 123cc OHV horizontal shaft engine. It is a "Yardman" brand snowblower, but not sure what the brand of the engine is. I think the engine is a Tucemseh motor. The snowblower has performed well so far, but have a problem checking the oil. The manual says the oil capacity is 20 oz. and that is what I put in it after I did an oil change yesterday. The problem is the engine has a short plastic "screw-in" dipstick that is angled about 45 degrees in the engine block and I can't see oil on the dipstick when I check the oil. I have tried screwing the dipstick in all the way and not screwing it in at all. If it is screwed in all the way, there is a very small amount of oil at the very tip of the dipstick. If I don't screw it in and just have it sitting at the edge of the oil inlet there is no oil on the dipstick. Every time I check the oil, the snowblower is sitting in the normal upright position on a flat surface like the manual says. The dipstick looks nothing like the picture in the manual for one that screws in to the engine block. The "L" is at the very bottom of the diptick and the "H" is at the top of it. Is the oil capacity to be more than 20 oz? Or is the dipstick in the engine the wrong one? I will want to check the oil from time to time and need to know what is going on here.
ID
#219221 Review #219221 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Leavenworth, Kansas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article