Resolved: I cannot cancel my subscription to Yankee Magazine after one year and four attempts

Update by user Oct 18, 2019

I wrote to two newspapers and the attorney general's office and the BBB. IF I didn't I'm sure I'd still be trying to get my refund.

Yankee did refund me this year's price for a he magazine along with money they illegally took.last year too.

I can't believe that you cannot cancel a subscription with.Yankee. What crooks!

Original review posted by user Sep 18, 2019
I subscribed to Yankee Magazine, Yankee Publishing, Dublin NH at a introductory rate of $10, September 2017. I understood I would be automatically renewed. September 2018 without any advance warning Yankee took $39.95 out of my bank account. At that time I called and told them to cancel my subscription. I paid for 2018 and was assured I would not be billed again. September 3, 2019 I received notice from Yankee they were planning on taking money from my account again. I called and they said they had a record of my call September 2018 but couldn't make out what it said. I again insisted that it be cancelled. I was assured it was. I also received an email September 6 saying I was all set. September 17 Yankee withdrew $29.72 from my bank account leaving me with $30 until I receive my social security retirement check on October 3. According to the person who answered my call (Deborah) she said I have a "pending subscription." They might be able to refund me in the next two and a half weeks or so. What do I do in the meantime?
Resolved
ID
Dublin, New Hampshire
Product
Yankee Magazine Subscription
Pros
  • Nice magazine
Cons
  • Deceptive customer service representatives
  • Lies about customer calls
  • Subscription fraud
Reason of review

Brands Related to Yankee Publishing

Yankee Magazine

2.3
10 Reviews

“you are wasting your money and my time with your flood of already paid renewal notices....stop it ....or...“

logo

New Hampshire Home Magazi...

New Hampshire Magazine

Old Farmers Almanac

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article