map-marker Manfred, New South Wales

Australian Breeder that has been given this prefix

Wrinkletowns Chinese Shar Pei - Australian Breeder that has been given this prefix - Image 2
Wrinkletowns Chinese Shar Pei - Australian Breeder that has been given this prefix - Image 3
Wrinkletowns Chinese Shar Pei - Australian Breeder that has been given this prefix - Image 4
My Understanding is that you are talking about Wrinkle Town Shar Pei in the USA. I have just taken over this prefix here in Australia. I health test and make sure that health is 1st for our dogs, please see that we are not the USA breeder with this prefix.

User's recommendation: Yes as the Australian breeder

John D Eev

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Palm Bay, Florida

Sharpei has genetic conditiin

Updated by user May 01, 2022

Nothing has been done no contact or replies from this breeder. Everything is good until you have an issue then they disappear.

Original review Mar 31, 2022
Our Sharpei was diagnosed with sharpei fever after turning 2 and half last year and officially diagnosed this year around February 2022. Breeders discussed initially in 2021 until we brought up genetics during initial issues.

Sharpei fever is caused by genes in parents and can be tested for this defect. The breeding parents were Lola and Levi. They have ignored attempts and we have now requested refund and have offered medical papers as well. We are not asking for the over $5,000 in care for this condition alone it has cost us so far.

Just the purchase price as we will be dealing with this now until she is gone, as her life expectancy has been shortened per the vet. This has brought on great grief to my wife and I.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Communication when problem arises and known genetic defects

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Avoid, make sure you see AKC papers from breeder of parents.

Guest

Just to probide update, our shar-pei passed away on 6/16/2022 due to Shar-pei fever. She was born 11/12/2018

Brandie M Hju

Poor quality dogs, unprofessional behavior and greivances

We attempted to purchase a Shar Pei puppy from Wrinkletowns Shar Pei. Initially, the breeders were very kind and easy to work with. They require that their customers pay $2,500 up front before the puppies are born. When our puppy was born we were so excited, however, the older she got the more we noticed she did not have wrinkles. I e-mailed Wrinkletown and politely asked about this. Within minutes these breeders had gone on FB and posted a picture of the dog we had paid for and was asking if people thought the puppy was ugly. In, my e-mail I never said the puppy was ugly. I simply wanted information on the wrinkles. Since I had paid for the puppy that was being discussed on FB I commented as to why the puppy we paid for was being debated on social media. I did not receive a very nice reply from the breeders. As a result, I asked that the post be taken down and the breeders did do this. It has always been my knowledge that personal business transactions and social media do not mix. I was very disappointed this breeder either did not know this or did not care. I also immediately began receiving harassing e-mails from the breeder on a continuous basis all night long. I continuously responded by asking if we could consider this a misunderstanding and water under the bridge, but I continued to receive bad e-mails. After a few hours of this it just became to much. My husband and I decided to contact our attorney and prepare to take them to small claims court for the cost of the dog, the harrassment, everything we had bought for the dog and the emotional turmoil our daughter went through. I need to note that I said in the e-mails being transferred back and forth that I would still take the puppy as our family had formed an emotional attachment to it over weeks of receiving pictures. The next morning, I received an e-mail from the breeder that said they were not going to let us have the puppy and that they would return our $2,500. Wrinkletown uses the app Zelle to transfer money. They piece milled out money back to us with horrible messages over two days. The whole ordeal was beyond blown out of proportion, insane and unnecessary. Especially our daughter. Since that time, I have read quite a bit about Wrinkletown and talked to other breeders that know them. I have heard nothing, but disturbing information and now consider it a blessing we did not get one of their dogs. If you are looking for a Shar Pei, stay away from Wrinkletown. They are not good or professional people to work with and many of their dogs are substandard.

Preferred solution: I just want others to be aware of this breeder and prevent others from having an experience like we did.

User's recommendation: Stay away from this breeder.

Guest

Interesting that you had a bad experience with them. Maybe you should have did your research a little more.

If you know anything about these dogs, then you would know that it is common for them to lose wrinkles as they mature...I had a great experience with the breeder and they are very informative. Thank you Tommy and Melissa

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1989650

Excellent breeder

Guest

Wrinkletown, Melissa and Tom are terrible. They take your money they should be put in prison. They are rude and con artists

View more comments (2)
Jess G Wzf

Wrinkletown owners are terrible!!

Rude, unprofessional. Don’t buy imbreed puppies! Puppy mill that’s what they are.
Cons:
  • Take money from anyone
Reason of review:
Pricing issue
Jess G Wzf

WRINKLETOWN!!!!! Bad people!!! Stay away!!

Wrinkletowns Chinese Shar Pei - WRINKLETOWN!!!!! Bad people!!! Stay away!!
Updated by user Dec 27, 2019

Wrinkletown is unprofessional, they with take you deposit and never deliver. Bunch of jokes Melissa and tommy are.

Updated by user Feb 12, 2018

I would like to apologize to Wrinkletown owners. I went to far and was very upset.

I shouldn’t have wrote what I wrote, people get upset and do stupid things.

Wrinkletown isn’t a bad company or bad people. They do take pride in what they do and out of a lot of other...

Original review Feb 11, 2018
We have been waiting for a year with our deposit down for a puppy. She finally got back to us about having a puppy of our choice.

She was so rude all the time in emails. It’s like she was bipolar. One email being so nice and the second being so mean. I emailed her about concerns that I had when she sent me picture of the puppy and looked like she has eye problems.

So I looked eye problems for Shar Pei online and emailed her asking her to explain to me so she can walk me thru and assure me about things and she just snapped on me and told me she’s not giving us our puppy anymore. About a hour later messaged me back saying that her husband had made her see we should have been allowed asking her question since we are Phil enough money for our pup. So things had gotten settled and she apologized. But now two weeks before the puppy was suppose to come to her forever home.

She snapped again and takin the pup away from us again. Took us off the website she has and now the puppy is now available. Now won’t give us our deposit back when she’s the one that won’t let us have the dog. She even said from day one when the puppy was born she didn’t even want to give the puppy away.

She wanted to keep it for herself.

They have no costumer service what’s so ever and very rude. I do not recommend going to them to anyone.
Loss:
Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Rana Cef

Do NOT allow this lying, manipulative woman talk you out of PayPal. She's trying to lie & say how the customer got their money back, but was "wrong" & it took her 1 year to get her money back.

Then after saying lies about fees PayPal charge (which is a lie), but she's dealt with them for a decade....I was like WTAF?? None of it makes any sense.

Why is she so desperate to get that down payment, that she'll lie, connive, & blame customers? Something is very fishy there....

Guest

Don't apologize for there negligence! STAY AWAY from Wrinkeltown!

Guest

Wrinkeltown INBREEDS dogs plain and simple... These people who run it are disgusting mean and rude. As soon as you leave with the dog they will never speak to you again and that magic warranty vanishes.

Guest

Hahahah melisa you changed all my words in that email to make it look like I was apologizing. Yous people are sick.

And whoever had bought that blue female she had for sale you over paid because we had already paid the deposit on her because these people scammed us, and wouldn’t give us our deposit back even when they freaked on us.

They are money hungry people all they want is money money money. Definitely a puppy mill!!!!

Re: Zella app

JG

Jess Goulet

Heres your reply to me Jess assuring me what you wrote was false info yourself! YOUR WORDS!

Reply|

Tue 2/13, 8:28 AM You I agree a long time is long but I’m trying if I knew this was going to be this long I wouldn’t have put it up I thought you’d just be able to delete it like on Facebook. That’s is why I put another review like as in a update apologizing and saying it was false info Sent from my iPhone On Feb 13, 2018, at 11:18 AM, Wrinkle Town wrote:

Guest

Actually you shouldn't have apologized these are good friends of mine that have been waiting for this dog and so excited to get her and all of the sudden it becomes a huge problem when they were trying to send the money! Sometimes a little bit difficult to get the money from Canada to United States so they took caution and also after all this they don't want to sell the puppy to them anymore and also take their deposit wow what a business I think usually the customer is always right in this world so if

You would like to be a happy customer don't buy from these people horrible what they did and treated their so called customer like they were nothing just gotta say they are not happy people and they were let down and also down their deposit sorry just had to say this cuz I'm with them often and I see what they went through !!

Guest

First of you should REALLY research this breed before you just jump into buying one next words can be taken mant different ways in emails a personally sincerely interested in getting this puppy would call I know i called many times and email alot as well i got my dog in December i knew this was a high maintenance dog yes his eyes needed to be tacked lots of vet trips and now he has some hair loss and the owners have been there for me day or night with any questions I have... plus your their first negative comment ever and they have been doing this for years sounds kinda fishy

Guest

First of all you should really do ALOT of research on this breed way before jumping in I got a dog from them in December she is very knowledgeable she may seem over bearing but she just loves what she does my dog has had eye issues and skin issues she has walked me through and never once been angry you can take words over the internet two ways please call them so you can hear their voices :) they both are so sweet they have been doing this MANY years and you are their first negative review... I'm just trying to help

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1431632

I have owned 2 sharpeis and recently lost my boy. When I found wrinkletown and checked their website and reviews I was highly impressed!

Those dogs are beautiful and well cared for, that a blind person could see. I am getting a pup from the same litter and I found Melisa to be nothing but helpful and pleasant. She is a busy lady but she always has the time to talk and answer questions. The one thing I know about her if she feels her pups may be at risk she has the right not to give her pups to you!

It says this in the home page, she takes pride in raising them so she would never risk an "ify" home and I don't blame her.

There is another breeder in Canada that may work better for you Pet Palace, there should be no money issues in your own country! I think Wrinkle town are #1 sharpei breeders and I trust them completely!{{Redacted}}

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1432982

Ok and what about the deposit they took when the payment was being sent on 14th day the told not to and after trying to bribe my friends to taking the add off and they will sell them the dog that's why ther is an apology at the top of the review then once they found out they couldn't take the review off said that they are not getting the deposit back and also not getting the dog that's thieves to me!

View more comments (14)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article