Resolved: No communication, but they have my money!

Update by user Aug 07, 2018

Steve contacted me and said my lift would ship out by July 30th. It was actually at the freight dock a day early.

The lift itself is very heavy, and has heavier/stronger parts in critical areas, like the cable pulleys. Top brands like Rotary and Challenger often have plastic pulleys, but Worth uses steel pulleys. Standing under a couple tons of vehicle, I'll take the steel pulleys, thank you! I am very satisfied and would recommend Worth Lifts.

Thanks! chris

Update by user Aug 07, 2018

Update: Steve got back to me a couple days after I posted this. He said my lift was almost ready and would ship out by July 30th.

In fact it arrived at the freight dock a day early. I picked it up and unpacked it. It is a beast! Very heavy.

Some of the decals got scratched in shippping, but otherwise I am satisfied. My mechanic buddy has Rotary lifts so that's what I'm used to. The Worth lift has heavier parts in critical places, like the cable pulleys. The differences are obvious, and the Worth compares quite well.

Steve explained they've had trouble finding qualified staff: a common complaint for lots of businesses these days, especially here in Texas. I'd rather wait and have them build it right, than get a piece of junk earlier. I am very satisfied with my purchase. I would recommend Worth to anyone looking to buy a lift.

Just know the 'expected delivery date' can be affected by things Steve has no control over. It could take a bit longer than he says. But his products are made in the US, in Texas, and are very competitively priced, even compared to the Chinese-built lifts.

Thanks! chris

Original review posted by user Jul 12, 2018
I ordered a Floor Plate Two-Post automotive lift on April 2. Delivery would be something like 30 days - no problem. Sent a direct transfer for $3600. It's now July 12th, four months later. I have not been able to contact them in any way. The owner is 'Steve Prater'. He seemed like a good guy, and very proud of his products. I have seen good reviews of their products on discussion forums, so I didn't think twice about trusting them. I have emailed Steve directly a couple times, no response. Today I called their number, and got a very nice lady on the phone. Gave her my name so she could look up the order. Turns out 'everybody is out of the office right now', but she would 'call right back'. Right. I am starting to think this company is a scam. I don't like to think that way, but all the signs are there. As soon as they got my money, they vanished. I keep hoping there was a family emergency or something, but I'm starting to think the worst. I am considering legal action if I do not hear from them soon. Hope this review helps somebody! c.
Resolved
ID
Mansfield, Texas
Cons
  • No communication but they have my money looks like a scam
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Not Worth s$?t 2 post lift.

Worth Equipment - Not Worth s$?t 2 post lift.
I purchased a 2 post lift from Worth and I’m very unhappy with the quality of my new lift. It took over eight weeks to get and I expected it to be perfect. This is way less then what I expected. I tried contacting them and they told me they would send me some stickers and touch up paint! Below is a list of defects the company won’t address. The packaging on the lift was poor and most of the decals were torn or scratched off. Everything that could be scratched was scratched. The lift appears that it was packaged to ship while the paint was wet so most of the packing material adhered to it when unwrapped. The arm locks were bent from being picked up with the forklift before it got to me. The bolts to install it were missing. The cuts in the metal are jagged and not ground smooth. The hydraulic fittings that were factory installed are leaking because no one put any type of thread sealer or pipe tape on them. The lift raises evenly and the locks engage together but lowers unevenly. I’m assuming it’s from the leaks. The truck adapters do not fit the lift pads and won’t slide on.

Love the quanlity or their lifts

@PissedConsumer2113941

Thank you for your comment. Please let us know if we can assist you!

I would bet that the unit was used and sold as new.

View more comments (2)
ID
Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Got a call back 16 years later about being screwed they got some salt to throw on the wound.