Never give your debit card to them!!!

They will keep charging you forever, they are awful. I have been charged over $10.000 that they keep charging me and we have never used there system. They have a mediocre system that they claim will provide better internet placement. Totally BS . I can t believe I fell for a internet scam and I am shocked they keep billing me each month. Wordstream is the worst company on the internet, they are horrible people and they will never let you leave them. They are a predatory company and they should be stopped. I have tried to cancel, I have tried to stop them from debiting my account. If you are smart you will never give the your bank account information. They are not a good company , they will take money from your account even if they don't have authorization. Word Stream is a very very bad company. They should not be allowed to do what they claim to do.
Boston, Massachusetts

Harassing Sales

Be careful about entering your personal info. Although I get calls from sales all the time, a representative from Wordstream called me 5 times in one day (This does not include email). After telling the representative that I am currently using another marketing tool and on the market, the representative called my boss. Guess who gets to come in for the weekend? Me. Thanks, Wordstream! I will never use your product or service. Your lack of boundaries and incessant phone calls after i repeatedly said I was NOT interested has shown that you do not respect your customers. Prior to the phone call, I had considered using Wordstream, but asking someone the same question multiple times isn't going to change their mind. Train your sales staff!
Service
Wordstream Sales Representative

Impossible to Cancel, Will Keep Billing Indefinitely

After a poor experience with Wordstrea, we decided to move toward hiring a Google Adwords professional. We submitted cancellation per their contract, which I'm providing a copy of here: "CANCELLATION POLICY WordStream has a number of plans available that can provide the flexibility you need for your business. Customers who are prepared to make longer term commitments of 6 months , 1 year, or annual prepay enjoy increasing discounts. Details of your selection are spelled out below: Your Selection: This is an initial 6 month commitment that will automatically convert to a month to month commitment after 6 months. After the 6th month, you may cancel your subscription with written notice, received 30 days prior to the next monthly billing date. We go to great lengths to make this commitment and cancel notice as transparent as possible and provide many options of various commitment lengths to choose from. Please insure you have chosen the commitment that makes the most sense for your business." NOTE THAT THEY DO NOT TELL YOU WHERE TO SEND THE CANCELLATION TO. We contacted customer support, they told us to submit an email to support@***.com. We did. 7 month later, we're still being billed nearly $500 per month, with no end in sight. Managers will dodge your calls, customer support calls often go to voicemail rather than allowing you to hold until someone can answer. Absolutely unreal experience, and completely blindsided us given the reputation and presence of the company.

So I signed up for the $499 e-commerce package in May and it's now July. Their salesman promise a lot but don't deliver.

It was a shot in the dark. I had tried their Free Trial years ago and wasn't impressed. They do a lot of good content marketing so they pop up on every search related to Google Adwords or PPC marketing. In all fairness, their content is good and they give a lot of good tips.

Unfortunately, their software does nothing special. It's just an easier way for business owners to add negative keywords, which frankly, you can easily do yourself. The Data Feed specialists are terrible and don't do much. There is always an excuse.

I went through two of them and none of them did their job. My consultant was good but none of what he said led to anymore conversions than I was already getting. I thought that maybe since Wordstream is all over the place and has positioned themselves as experts - they would be able to recommend or do things that I was not already doing. The reality is that they just give you a fancy dashboard that cools advanced but it isn't.

Needless to say, I sent them a cancellation e-mail several days ago. However, I'm not a newbie and know the drill. Must like when you cancel a gym membership I'm pretty sure they will refer from to a customer retention specialist to buy time and keep charging my credit card. I've been around the block.

For that reason, proactively, I called my bank and cancelled that credit card. Good luck charging it in a week Overall, this experiment cost me $998. Being that I got a $250 Amazon gift card from them two years ago, for filling out some questionnaire after I cancelled my Free Trial, I really only lost $748. My advice for people wanting to cancel: Cancel that credit card first.

From the other reviews, it looks like my suspicions were correct and they keep charging you against your wishes. If you are thinking about joining; I would suggest you do not. They told me everything I wanted to hear during the sales process and none of that happened. It's better to find a small PPC freelancer or small PPC company to help you.

A person or company who doesn't have that many clients. A freelancer that I hired a year ago did a way better job and produced way better results than Wordstream. Unfortunately, because he was so good, and got 2 big clients thanks to my recommendation, he stopped being as good as he was at first. PPC management is not a turnkey business that has a one size fits all model.

Each industry, and business, is different. You need a person looking at your account, analyzing your account and baby-sitting it at first. PPC is becoming more expensive and competitive by the day. When I first did Adwords back in 2017, good clicks were cheap.

Now those same clicks are 4x the amount. What's more, landing page experience is more complex now as consumers have more choices than ever.

On a good month, my conversion rates are barely 2% and on a bad month they are .95%. The salesman oversold what Wordstream could do but I was thinking "I can justify the $499 if they could help me achieve a 3% conversion rate."

Caution, if you do choose to use Wordstream, you must keep up with making appointments to speak to someone on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to do a good job with your account. This is not for the novice. It is just as complicated as Google Adwords.

I just fell for this I am so upset!

I found good reviews elsewhere and now I am stuck... there isn't even a place to cancel the subscription on their website

I will have no choice but to cancel my debit card :(

Stay away!

Same thing happened to me!!

Wow! Thanks for this post, I was about to sign up. Lord knows I don't need another hole in my pocketbook to feed those greedy BS'rs.

View more comments (4)
Madison Heights, Michigan
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Full refund

Do not hire Wordstream to manage your PPC

I engaged Wordstream in first quarter 2014. The Year before, I sold $800k in hearing aids in 2013. My reason for engaging Wordstream was to grow my business. I was looking for an organization that could take what I have now, 4 years of adwords data, averaging $60-75k a month in sales, and expand upon it. What happened was the opposite. They took over account, re-arranged campaigns. Sales died. Sales dropped to zero. I had one sale in a 7 day period. They kept saying, it will take time - while they are spending my adwords money. The engagement with Wordstream was an unmitigated disaster. The management of my adwords account resulted in the worst month in sales ever for Century Hearing Aids. The management of my PPC campaigns resulted in severe damage to my cash flow and to the overall financial health of my business. I would never recommend Wordstream to anyone.

I had very similar issues with them, but I wasn't really surprised, 'cause they're just another rip off company like Reach Local or Yodle ...

If you want your PPC done right, do it yourself or hire a dedicated freelancer with years of experience who will be your guide, manager and optimizer for a monthly fee.

I managed my adwords myself and later hired a great freelancer who really took my campaigns to the next level!

@PissedConsumer888679

Hello there, aWould you recommend or share the person's info please?

View more comments (1)
Loss
$20000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article