Wowwoody's in Chillicothe.. Buyer BEWARE!

Went to Woody's expecting to buy a vehicle. Filled out all the paperwork and was approved by a bank for financing. Then the sales staff make you fill out a bunch of paperwork that says that you wont hold the dealership responsible if your vehicle breaks down right after leaving the lot. Anyhow, the salesman and I somehow got around to talking about the lemon law and also considering the fact that the dealership supposedly inspects their vehicles then the vehicle should be mechanically sound enough to at least make it down the road aways. The salesman then went back and proceeded to complain about what I had said to the sales manager, then the sales manager came into the room and told me that he wanted to record my conversation and make sure that I at least said (in the recording) that I wouldn't hold the dealership responsible for any mechanical failure after leaving the lot. I refused, telling him I didn't want to be recorded but he still proceeded to turn on the recorder and then told me that if I didn't speak on the recorder that he wouldn't sell me the vehicle (even though I had already signed all the paperwork and already been approved). I told him that I felt that that was a strong arm tactic. He got up, left the room and tore up some of the paperwork and told me to leave the dealership and never come back. I did so and went on down the road to the next dealership. The other dealer let me know that this isn't the first time Woody's has pissed off a consumer. So bear in mind, Woody's will obviously not stand behind their vehicles and they are not beneath resorting to strong arm tatics if you let them! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Exact same thing happened to me today with the manager and the recording. I was upset because I had my car in for service last week.

They said that they fixed the problem but the light came on again 2 days later with the exact same code. Why should I pay for another diagnostic for the exact same code? Whatever they did the first time didn't fix the problem. The manager is a ***.

Refused to give me his business card because I told him that I was filing a complaint.

DO NOT GO TO WOODY'S. I wish that I had done my research first before wasting my money there.

Check out any business online first.

ID
Chillicothe, Missouri
Cons
  • Warrantys or lack thereof
  • Sales manager
  • Vehicle selection
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article