Verified Buyer
| map-marker Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Only 70% of the wood dash fit

Wood Dash Factory - Only 70% of the wood dash fit
The smaller trim pieces on the door fit but the main show pieces on the main dash did not fit the car. i checked several pieces before i started but not all of them. my bad for not tracing all of the pieces they sent and fitting that into the car first.

User's recommendation: trace ALL of m the wood pieces they send to see if they fit

Chris H Qfi

Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service

I ordered a replacement steering wheel for my truck, only place I could find a good replacement that was NOT the junk yard. I made a mistake and ordered the incorrect wheel and reached out to them 3 times via email with no response. I'll own up to the incorrect order, but I sent the nice brand new reman back to them, knowing I'd be eating $300 for the cost of the steering wheel but wanting my deposit back. I never received a word from their customer service and I have still not received my deposit and it's been 2 months. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CLOWNS!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Make a nice product
Cons:
  • Customer service is the absolute worst

Preferred solution: I want my deposit back. I know I'll eat the cost of the steering wheel, that's my fault, but the deposit should come back to me.

User's recommendation: Would not recommend

Rob T Grz

Verified Reviewer

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Wood Dash Factory - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
Wood Dash Factory - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! - Image 2
Wood Dash Factory - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! - Image 3
Wood Dash Factory - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! - Image 4
Wood Dash Factory - TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! - Image 5
First off, they DONT ANSWER THEIR PHONES OR RESPOND TO EMAILS!!! I Ordered a custom steering wheel. They said to reach out to them after 11 business days if haven't received tracking info. I reached out to them numerous times for 2 more weeks without a response. I paid $300 for just the steering wheel. Plus an additional $150 for the core charge. Zero communication. I had to put in a claim with PayPal for a refund. After PayPal was involved, magicallythe sales rep Mel responded and apologized for the late response and the reason being that B&I (the company who was supposed to make the steering wheel) had no inventory. If Mel wouldve just communicated in any way, shape or form, they wouldve known that Ive had my core steering wheel off of my truck for months and wouldve gladly shipped it to them to solve their problem. I told them I still wanted to order, and Mel responds with a set of instructions to place the order. After all the problems I experienced and by me helping by providing solutions, they are trying to charge me $400 for the exact same steering wheel from my original order!!! Why are they charging me an extra $100???!!! Wooddash.com is run by a bunch of clowns. DON'T order through them. Order through dashkitspecialties.com or CARiD.com. I ordered the same steering wheel for $260 through CARiD. I saved $140 and avoided a huge headache by not ordering through wooddash.com.
Pros:
  • Great product but brokered
Cons:
  • Dont answer their phones or respond to emails

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Order through dashkitspecialties.com or CARiD.com

map-marker Dallas, Texas

I ordered January 17th and have not received anything

Still haven't been able to get in contact with anyone the worst company, no contact, no phone number on site

User's recommendation: Stay away

Benjamin W Qeb

So far, not good.... Jury is still out.

Wood Dash Factory - So far, not good.... Jury is still out.
Updated by user Feb 15, 2019

I got a very nice email from Mel at Wooddash.com. He apologized for the error in filling my order, and committed to sending out the correct Dash Kit.I emailed him back, thanking him, and asked for return instructions for the incorrect product.I will send back the Dash Kit (Matte Finish) that was sent to me in error, when I received return authorization/instructions.The workmanship on the Dash Kit that I received was excellent.

It was just the wrong finish. I ordered Factory Match High Gloss Ebony, and received the correct Dash Kit, but with Matte Finish.

Original review Feb 14, 2019
I ordered a Dash Kit for my Lincoln MKx. After a month, it arrived. It is MATTE finish. I clearly ordered Matching High Gloss Ebony. I called B&I, the mfg. and they were totally useless. There is no phone number for Wooddash.com. There are several companies that seem to be involved in the sale, production, and delivery of these products. None of them have contact phone numbers. I made my purchase via PayPal, so, if I don't get some satisfaction pretty damned quick, I will rely on PayPal for a full refund.... We will see. p.s. The workmanship looks great. They just ignored the requirements of my order....
Loss:
Pros:
  • Photos and description of their products
Cons:
  • Sloppy order fulfillment
Reason of review:
Damaged or defective

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Guest

When I emailed my complaint to WoodDash.com, Mel from Customer Service immediately emailed me back and worked with me to get a replacement Dash Kit manufactured with the correct finish/color. I just received it, and all is perfect.

The workmanship is beautiful. I would recommend this company to a friend, no problem.

Debbie Vhv
map-marker Solomons, Maryland

Wood Dash Experts Inc.

This company is absolutely horrible. I ordered 2 items and after 3 weeks only 1 came. Each time I called I would be sent to a recording saying they were closed. Even when I actually got a person on the phone, who promised not to send me to the recording .... I was sent to the recording. I was then promised someone would call back the next day after I threatened to cancel my credit card payment. They never called. Needless to say I cancelled the card payment. Whatever you do never use these guys. I'm amazed I got one of the two items. I'm sure that was only to keep me guessing long enough for my credit card company to pay out. I guess they don't know about charge backs. What a rip off.
map-marker Ann Arbor, Michigan

Wood dash experts (oxymoron)

ordered dash kit, promised 4-5 delivery, came in 2 weeks. color did not match oem. tried to return, talked to steven r 6-8 times, kept getting run around,finally got return auth. number to begin return process. website says that once return auth. number is issued, a credit will happen in 4-5 days. after 2 weeks and several more calls to steven r credit was finally issued minus restocking fee of 50 dollars plus I am out the shipping fee of $18 to send the kit back. very poor customer servive, do not do business with them
map-marker Toronto, Ontario

Rude customer service

I received a wrong part from Wood Dash Experts. After speaking to the first sales person who knew nothing, I was passed onto someone named Steven R. He was very rude and abrupt and did not even attempt to help solve my problem. If there was an award for the worst customer service, Wood Dash would win it hands down. Doesn't people realize that good customer service is what brings repeat business? I will never order from them again and I will make sure I let everyone know via newspapers, internet and good old word of mouth. Pissed off customer.

"6. Written by Great Experience at Wood Dash, on 19-05-2008 22:14

I had such a great experience at Wood Dash especially while ordering with John who was friendly and very knowledgable of the products. I am pissed to see something like this about such a great company. Boo to you people who have nothing better to do."

sir you are an ***!!!!

Guest

These guys change their name because they are trying to avoid having a bad reputation. Your reap what you sow. Looks like they are too late.

Always do a Google search on the company name AND website BEFORE doing business with them.

Guest

I was surprised to find out that Steven R is actually the owner of Wooddasexperts, also known as Onyx Automotive and CarId. Do your research on all three company names and you'll find out that they are owned by the same *** bag Steven R.

They keep changing names to avoid bad reputation. NEVER DEAL with THEM!

Guest

I am not sue who these complaints are about, the title says Wood Dash Experts, not Wood Dash Factory. I am the President and owner of Wood Dash Factory and we have no one here named Steven R, we are a family owned and operated company.

I deal with any problems personally. If anyone has a complaint about Wood Dash Factory, not Wood Dash Experts, please let me know.

I can be contacted through our website. www.wooddashfactory.com

Guest

I recently ordered a steering wheel for my Toyota Camary. I emailed about their price match offer; they will not respond to my emails nor questions about when I will recieve my price match credit nor my hundred dollar core refund.

I sent them tmy steering wheel; its recorded as being signed by their employees via UPS. DONT GIVE THEM THE CHANCE TO RIP YOU OFF.

THEY OWE ME ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS. *** MEN.

Guest

Please dont make the mistake others have done. Please use another company.

I ordered a steering wheel. Sent mine back to the address 1380 Rankin,MI; Onyx Automotive. This item was signed for etc. They will not refund my $100.00 core refundable deposit.

I have emailed and emailed and they wont return my phone calls and hang up on me when I do get someone on the line. Use another company.

You would get better customer service and responses from a primate. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

lal

I just experienced this a...h....Steven R also....must be several of them and of course the other person is James (customer service, internet help, etc and who answers the phone when you call)...They must generically use these 2 names for everything.....complete jerks.....do not do business with them at all!!!!!!!

I wish I had seen this before I ordered my part....which I'll never get!

THEY REAL JERKS, TIME TO PUNUSH THEM ALL :( :( :( :p

Guest

Yeap Mr. Steven R is very very rude and not willing to help the customer at all.

I will not recommend this company to anyone. Although the have good products, the treatment that you receive is terrible.

View more comments (11)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article