Jason W Sok

Account Locked Out After 1 login attempt and I need access funds

Wintrust Bank - Account Locked Out After 1 login attempt and I need access funds - Image 2
I used my online banking app to login in from my phone and I tapped the password prompt that came up accidentally instead of the fingerprint reader, so I closed the app and opened it up again to login using the fingerprint authentication and it locked my account out telling me to call customer service to reset my password but customer service is not available on Sunday or past business hours. I needed to transfer money into checking to make an emergency purchase due to a Snow Storm and Negative thirty degree temperatures but was not able to because my password was locked with nobody to reset it. As a result I had to take my dog to the ER because his paws became injured from going out in the cold to eliminate waste. This was due to not being able to purchase the dog paws boots he needed to protect his paws from the cold. Subsequently I was unable to get gas in my car using my debit card and my car had to be to towed to the gas station from the ER because it ran low coming from the pet store and I was not able to get gas without money in my debit card account. This is disappointing to see from a financial institution that serves customer transactions 24x7 from their mobile application but doesnt provide emergency support as other banks do.
Pros:
  • Near my house
Cons:
  • No support
  • Poor customer service when you need it
  • No availability

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Change Financial institutions to a bank with better customer service support available after hours for password resets.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article