map-marker Providence, Rhode Island

John Polumbo Review

We signed up for Winning Edges Sales Educational Program about 3 months ago. We attended all the classes weekly and learned tremendously from the one-on-one coaching, team training and role playing a variety of sales scenarios with John Polumbo. After 3 months of practice, I felt more comfortable with sales, and was able to obtain 3 new accounts totaling 60K in revenue. These sales were a fraction of the investment in the sales program, so this course definitely had a positive ROI. I would highly recommend this program to any organization focused on high growth. For the pissed consumer reviews, all I have to say, if you don't apply the principals, how can you expect to get a return.
Great Results
Guest

If John Palumbo stops returning your phone calls or attending the scheduled meetings what would you do??? If John Palumbo was a honest business man he would return my $4500!

Why do you think he is no longer a part of Sandler???

map-marker Cranston, Rhode Island

JOHN PALUMBO/ WINNING EDGE SELLING EAST PROVIDENCE RHODE ISLAND SCAMMED ME $4500

Updated by user Apr 26, 2015

Please look at the letter I posted from John Palumbo of WWinning Edge Selling! That shoud make you think twice!!!

Original review Dec 04, 2014
I hired John Palumbo as A Sales Coach for 6 Months. His fee was $4500 which I paid him via check in FULL. The agreement between John Palumbo of Winning Edge Selling and I was for 6 months 2 calls a week and 1 face to face coaching per week. After the third week John STOPPED taking my calls!!! JOHN Paumbo is a great salesman, he will tell you all the things you want/need to here, then once he has your money. He will never call you again!!!! DO NOT USE JOHN PALUMBO OF WINNING EDGE SELLING!!!! STAY AWAY FROM HIM~~~~
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

John will you be doing the right thing and sending me the $4500 you STOLE from me??? I see that there are a lot more people that have had the same issue with you over your great 20 year career.

Again to anyone out there who is thinking of hiring John Palumbo or Winning Edge Selling do your due diligence and think twice about it.

John is a GREAT salesman / *** artist!!!

Be very careful!!!

Guest

John Palumbo, there is nothing to discuss you stole $4500 from me! If you want to send me a refund check you know my address!

Until that time I am not interested in speaking to you!

If seems to me other people have had the same issue with John Palumbo of winning edge selling located in East Providence RI.

Alex,

I made every effort to resolve your situation including a pro-rated refund that you agreed was fair and acceptable. Please contact my office at 401-273-1215 if you would like to discuss offline.

Guest

My name is Alex B and please tell me more.... John Palumbo Stole my money and Inwant it back.....

Did he steal your money too???

Guest

Anonymous you clearly have not been around John long enough for him to burn you.

John talks the talk, but does not walk the walk.

Ask him why his second business he had failed.

Also, inquire how his relationship with the a national training brand ended....watch the tap dancing start!

Guest

Seems like someone has a grudge against John at Winning Edge Selling and is writing a couple of reviews under false pseudonums? (as you can tell these are from the same person just based on the wording).

Just to set the record straight for John's benefit, wanted to write in and say that our company has utilized his services on multiple occasions over the past 12 mths, and we've always found him to be absolutely terrific to work with. John is passionate, helpful, and a true sales professional. If you are a small business in RI or MA and you are not using John's services, then really you should call him - as he will be able to help you increase your company sales quickly and efficiently. He takes great pride in helping small businesses be successful in sales, and for us he has always been extremely responsive.

So just ignore the person who is posting a couple of negative comments and get on the phone and give John a call.

Once you speak with him, if you are a business owner then you will quickly realize he is going to be able to help you.

NO N Qol

John Palumbo of Winning Edge Selling Stole $4500 from me!!! He was supposed to work with me on how to sell, we met for 3 times then stopped taking my calls!!! STAY AWAY!!!

View more comments (6)

John Palubo Winning Edge Selling East Providence, Rhode Island

Same kind of thing happened to my husband. After loosing his sales job of after 10 years, my husband found John Palumbo of Winning Edge Selling. John gave my husband "HOPE". My husband was devastated at one of the lowest points of his life. Mr. Palumbo charged my husband $7,000 for sales training, executive coaching. After a month, the phone calss ceased, the meeting stopped and John was no where to be found. My husband was devasted, ( I told him not to give him that much money, but I wanted to be supportive). Point being DO NOT TRUST THIS CROOK JOHN PALUMBO OF WINNING EDGE SELLING. HE TAKES ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE, GOD WILL TRULY PUNISH HIM, I BELIEVE IN THAT.
Cons:
  • No etchics
Guest

John Palumbo is up to his OLD TRICKS! He got kicked out of Sandler Training franchise for the same thing Stealing Customers Money, I would NOT RECOMMEND John Palumbo

Saundra Zjp

Our records don’t show any client matching your review and I work with every client directly, Please contact my office to review our ENGAGEMENT AGREEMENT at 401-273-1215, we have a stellar record for almost 20 years and would like to resolve your matter. If validated we would be happy to extend additional training and or coaching sessions to ensure you get a return on your training investment.

Guest

John Palumbo of Winning Edge Selling is a # thief # *** man # cant be trusted # do not use him # will steal your money # do not reccommend # stay away

Guest

John Palumbo is a Drunk!!!

View more comments (3)
map-marker Cranston, Rhode Island

JOHN PALUMBO OF WINNING EDGE SELLING LOCATED IN EAST PROVIDENCE RI IS A *** ARTIST!

John Palumbo Of Winning Edge Selling, Which Is Located In East Providence Rhode Island Was Hired By My Husband Last Year. John Was Hired To Train My Husband On Sales Training. John Charged My Husband $6500 Which We Paid Him UPFRONT!!! My Husband Met With John For 4 Weeks, And Just Like The Other Reviewers, John Stopped Meeting With My Husband, Stopped Taking His Calls.... We Are In The Process Of Contacting The Attorney Generals Office! Again John Palumbo Is A Complete *** Artist, Scammster, Dishonest Person!!! Do Not Trust JOHN PALUMBO OF WINNING EDGE SELLING!!!!He Will Tell You That He CAN Train You, But In Actuality He Is Just Getting Ready Tp Steal YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. STAY AWAY

Preferred solution: Full refund

Isom Gre
map-marker East Providence, Rhode Island

John Palumbo Of Winning Edge Selling Stole My Money!!!

John Palumbo of Winning Edge Selling located at 1240 Pawtucket Ave East Providence stole $3500 from me. John was hired in june 2014 to train my new salesman. I have done business with john in the past and had never had a issue, so I paid him the $3500 up front this time because he said he was having financial difficulties and I felt bad. After giving him the check I could not get ahold of John Palumbo to schedule the training for my new salesman. Everytime I called, I had to leave a voicemail and he would never return the message. I would also send him emails, john would not reply. I do not know what happened but John Palumbo can NO LONGER be trusted!!! Do Not Do Business With Winning Edge Selling!!! Come to find out John owned a Sandler training franchise and Sandler kicked him out for doing the same thing!!! Be careful ge is a good salesman!!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Saundra Zjp

John: have left several message for you and you have not called back as I expected) why don't you offer to send me my money back?? That is what I want!

Did you change the name of your company to Strategic Sales Group??

# John Palumbo of Steategic Sales Group

# John Palumbo of Winning Edge

Both located at 1240 Pawtucket Ave in East Providence Rhode Island

Can not be trusted!!! DON'T FALL FOR HIS TRICKS!!

Guest

Same thing happened to my husband! Stay away from John Palumbo of Winning Edge Selling in East Providence Rhode Island!!!

View more comments (2)

Overall Impression Review

I would highly NOT recommend John Palumbo of Winning Edge Selling. All the other posts are accurate, he is a great salesman and a terrific *** artist! He stole mearly $ 7000 from us. Do not use John Palumbo you will loose your money. Actually let me correct that statement. He will steal your money!
Problems with payment
Jamea Ixq
map-marker Providence, Rhode Island

Winning Edge Selling Does a Great Job

I have been working with John Polumbo for several years. I use him when my clients need sales help. He is thorough and strategic, works closely with the sales team and sometimes acts as the sales manager. Results are dramatic (positive). I highly recommend John and his selling strategy. John is honest and sincere and will provide a positive boost to company growth. His focus on providing sales strategies that are squarely aligned to your company's overall goals and objectives make the results achieved immediate. I won't hesitate to bring John in any time I have a strategic sales need.
Good customer service
Guest

Tom is an "in the bag" reference for John Polumbo or JP (as he likes to refer to himself).

Another consultant that shares information with him....

This is a plant to combat all the negative ones are coming out.

What comes around goes around JP!

map-marker New York, New York

WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!

Hired Mr. John Palumbo from Winning Edge Selling located at 1240 Pawtucket Ave, East Providence RI. John charged me $8000 for a 6 month sales training program. He promised to see me twice a week for 6 months and work on training me to sell. I FELL FOR IT! After I gave John the $8000 check, we met for 3 weeks, everything was going great! He was instilling ways on how to SELL more effectivly. After the 3rd week, he stopped taking my calls, setting up appointments. I went to his office, he was not there, I kept calling him and did not answer. I finally caught up with John, he oferend to refund me $1000. I had no choice to except our be out the entire $8000. BE VERY CAREFUL OF WINNING EDGE SELLING AND JOHN PALUMBO, HE IS A THIEF!

Guest

In over 15 years in business and with over 500 clients and a great reputation in business and community, I have never had a problem like this one. Outside of the fact that he was a client, none of what he states is true or accurate.

When I met him in 2011 he was dealing with difficult transition after selling his business and he had trouble focusing on our work together.

John Polumbo

President

Winning Edge Selling, Inc.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-870223

#Karma

Guest

I also hired John Palumo for sales training. Worst mistake I made in my life.

He will first be your best friend, but after he gets your money.

EVERYTHING CHANGES!!!

DO NOT RECOMMEND. BE CAREFUL!!!

View more comments (3)

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article