Never rent from them

They charged me $5000 to move out. Replaced the carpet even though it looked brand new and charged me for every little thing including burned out light bulbs. After reading hundreds of reviews online by others, they do this to everyone. They replace the carpet no matter what, probably because a relative owns the carpet company. They are thieves. Do not rent from them. There are about 10 other companies in town to rent from. Go to one of them. Save your money.
Anacortes, Washington

Horrible Woman!

DO NOT RENT from this woman! She is highly unethical and greedy as *** After almost five year of renting the same home, her company was hired to replace the prior management company and she implemented a FIFTY PERCENT RENT INCREASE IN ONE MONTHS TIME!!! Absolutely HORRENDOUS WOMAN, rent from ANY OTHER COMPANY BUT HER!
Seattle, Washington
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Bogas cleaning and repair deducts for security deposit

In the turn over of a house I had rented for 3.5 years, My wife and I really cleaned it to the hilt, asked to do walk through with the rep to inspect, no reply, after turn over three weeks later we received our deposit minus $380 dollars for cleaning and repairs of things that where not true, such as burned out light bulbs, yard not mowed, and caulking, totally made up stuff, beyond being past the 14 day release of our deposit. I will see them in small claims court, we have had trouble with Windermere giving us false information regarding property lines, communications not sent that they say where, saying we did not return calls, I have records of all the emails to back this up, we had one rent that did not process do to lack of fund mistake, after calling them to see if they would resubmit the check, them incorrectly told up to bring another check, that the first was destroyed, then it bounced because the first one had been clear after second try. cost me $200, I have paid by bank check ever since.

Nora at Windemere Property Management

So I just called Nora at Windemere Property Management.... WOW... what an unhappy, discriminate young woman. I was going to inquire about a property when I saw the non-refundable application fee was $70.00! Per person! I asked her how could she charge that, isn't it a little high? She said, "Oh that's so funny! You're the second person to call and complain about it! Just so you know, I have 30 properties and they are all full! People who can't afford the application fee shouldn't be renting from us." I was like wow discriminate much!? I'll be adding her name to the list I've compiled of Landlords and property management companies that my lawyer is asking for. By they way Nora... my name is not Abigail and that cell phone I called from... its disposable! Take care!

It costs money to process an application and run a background and credit check. It is concerning if someone interested in a property can't cover the cost of the application fee. How will the cover security deposit and rent?

Application fee(s) unless charged at different rates for protected class is the only way this would be discrimination. Many property management companies acccept multiple applicants for the same home.

Then they will pick the MOST qualified.

I think that is the slippery slope that should be regulated. Should be, One party applies, is either approved or denied before the PM can run application of next party.

This takes me back to when I was apartment hunting in NYC. Everywhere I looked there was a scam of people insisting they would only consider renting if you gave them your credit application fee of $50.

Most did not bother to check credit. I remember getting a call from one who said my credit had been approved but that the apartment had already been rented because I took too long. I replied "but I gave you all the info at the showing, including the applications and the fee". He then pretended that it was because I was further down the line than the renter even though that was an obvious lie.

I know this guy was pocketing those fees.

He took in probably 600 bucks in one showing. I'm sure he was showing the apartment for a few weeks before giving it to someone.

I wonderhow many rental agecies or private landlords take outragous application credit check fees before they finally rent the place in question. I had a friend who has very good credit pay the $70 and asked realtor if credit passed would they rent to her,answer was absolutly.

So I called about same appt. And was told it was still available but $70 each adult for credit check non refundable of course also asked if credit passed would I get appt. Answer yes. I didnt show up.

My friend was stalled for over 2 weeks for an answer then finally told no she could not rent someone with better credit got it. But apptt.

Was still listed available to rent for at least the rest of the month. It seems like its more proffitible to leave empty and charge for credit checks.

View more comments (3)
Boise, Idaho

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article