Just because you went to medical school to be a doctor does not mean you CARE about people!

I was a patient at Wilson Family Medical Center but not anymore! Dr. Trent Wester does not care about his patients! He is in it for the money! He and his staff will make you wait for an hour before they see you sometimes because they overbook him. Why? for the money! The more copays the better! I just recently went in for a routine checkup. I had to pay the usual ($30) and am not hard pressed for money. I made 92K last year, no big deal. I told the Doc that I had high blood sugar and thought maybe we should look into it. He listened as usual, didn't speak outloud, as I told the story of how I knew. Before he could split out of the examining room, like he usually does, I told him that I needed a skin tagged removed. He came over and I showed him where it was. He said, "yip! that one looks irritated!" I told him that it hurt since it was in my waste band. He told me that he would have to look and see if he had time to remove it. He never came back! A nurse came in and withdrew some blood but noone came back to freeze off the skin tag. I asked a nurse in the hallway if anyone was going to handle it and she said that noone had time. She said they would get it next time. I was waiting around for Dr *** Face for 45 minutes! He always does stuff like that! I went to make my next appointment and it wasn't for another 5 weeks. About 2 weeks later, I was geting impatient about my blood test results. I tried to call a few times but could never get through, it was too busy. I called for days but always a busy signal! One day I had enough. I called and called and called. I finally got through! The lady that answered said she would go check for me. I was waiting, no hold music or whatever. I then got disconnected. I was really pissed at this point! I called again for another hour and finally got through! After I got through, I asked the next person that answered the phone, but before I let her off the phone she got to hear about everything I was tired of hapenning with my experience there. She said that she would go get the test results and come right back. Instead of getting the results, she went and told Dr Trent Wester that I was on the phone complaining. He got on the phone and proceeded to berade me for about 15 minutes. He told me that I complained too much! (this was my 2nd time to complain...BTW) He told me that I came in with a list of problems like a little old lady! I could not believe that he said that! He proceeded to be unprofessional and pointed otuthat I was a problem and he couldn't handle all my issues in one visit. I told him that I only came with two problems. I could type another 500 words about our conversation but there's no need. Let me warn you about what happens down there and we will button this up nice and good. 1. any good holiday, they shut the place down for an entire week. Patients are on their own! Don't count on reaching Dr Trent Wester! Just call their answering machine and see around a holiday! They don't care! 2. Don't count on getting more than one problem getting handled in one visit. They need insurance to pay more than once often! This is how Dr's make money, didn't you know! 3. They try to squeeze as many patients as they can into one day so they can make money! Don't count on getting alot of the good Doctor's time! 4. Bed side manners? Forget about it! Don't *** this guy off! He will call you a little old lady! If he said that to my face then he would need a doctor, I promise! 5. Get a prescription? I am trying to pull myself off the ground since I am laughing so hard! Oh, my gosh... (it hurts, I am laughing so hard!) 6. They play Jazz music in the office so loud that you wonder if you are at a Dr's office or at a concert. I like the music but it's not professional. They run things there not me but who cares what they want. 7. Don't ask the good DR to call you in a prescription on the weekend,ok? He is too hard to reach unless you know the 'secret' way and if you are sick then he will tell you to go to the urgent care. He's all about the money. If you want his attention then you will have to come see him. Antibiotics called in for you to get better is just illegal! I mean, what are you going to do with those? Sell them on the streets? Oh, lord, God forbid! He and his staff will be quick to point out that he cannot prescribe anything without seeing you! How can you get seen if they have no open slots, cannot be reached due to over whelmed phone lines and a DR. that is all about the money but wants to be off all the time. They are not there on Friday or Saturday! What a life! It's great to be a doctor! Off for a week during holidays and every weekend! He is fired! He told me that I was fired too! He actually said that too! This guy does not know what 'take the high road' means at all! Wilson Medical Care or Associates is located in Wilson, NC. Somebody reming him what the Doctor or Physcians code is please!
ID
Norfolk, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article