Williamsburg Hyundai

I had the worst experience when my wife took her 07 Hyundai Elantra in to get the recalls taken care of. I had set the appointment on 02Aug12 for a drop off on 09Aug12 and I requested a shuttle ride for her to return home while the campaigns (recalls) were being dealt with. The morning of the appointment, my wife goes to drop off her vehicle and asked about the shuttle ride. The Service Adviser said she was not on the list for a shuttle ride, even though I have the email confirmation showing shuttle ride was requested. The shuttle arrives at the dealership in a Honda Accord with two passengers already in the shuttle and two waiting for the service (one being my wife). Luckily she is small, so she squeezed into the middle of the backseat. As the day goes by, she awaits the call from Williamsburg Hyundai to come pick up her vehicle. I got off work at 3:30pm and we were hungry, so we went to get some food hoping to receive a call to come pick up her vehicle. We never got one. After eating, we went to the dealership to see if her vehicle was ready to be picked up, only to find out that the vehicle has not even been pulled into the shop. I got a call from the Service Advisor (why he called instead of telling me in the lobby, I couldn't answer) explaining the the technician noticed that the brake lights were not working when he pulled the car into the shop. He starts pricing parts for me. I told the Service Adviser that I would look at the car myself regarding the brake lights. Another 30 minutes go by and the vehicle is still not ready, at this point it is 5:30pm. While waiting in the lobby of the dealership I finally see my wife's car being pulled out of the shop and into a parking space. The Technician pulls the car around to back into the parking space but while rolling forward slams the vehicle in reverse and backs the car into the space. I was sitting in the lobby watching the the car *** when the Technician slams the car into reverse. I am already aggravated at this point, but then to see how they treated my wife's car pushed me over the edge. I did not say anything at the time because I was already planning to call the Service Manager and inform him of the events that took place that day. My wife gets into her car and I followed behind in mine. Leaving the dealership and on the whole ride home, her brake lights were working perfectly. Also on the Service receipt the promised timed for the vehicle to be done was 3:00pm and we did not leave the dealership till almost 6:00pm. I called the Service Manager the next day and explained what took place. When I told him how I saw the Technician slam the car into reverse while still rolling forward, the Manager already knew which Technician I was talking about. None the less, he said he would look into what happened and would give me a call back. I get the call back from the Service Manager only to be told that "we are sorry." I would not recommend this dealership to anyone!!
ID
Williamsburg, Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article