Williams Plumbing in Tulsa, Ok has overcharged me for a slab leak repair

Williams Plumbing was called and came to do a slab leak in my garage. The rep told me there was a form listing the usual work to be done covering four hours of work and special equipment which came to a total of $1,525. They said this was a standard work agreement form used by all plumbing companies so I signed it. The initial work was done in one hour without using any detection equipment or doing much of what was covered in the form. I refused to pay the $1525 after finding out they lied about this being a standard form. Other companies told me their bill would have been $95 and hour and based on actual work. Now Williams has a lien on the property and refuses to adjust the price to reflect the time worked and equipment used. I see this as consumer fraud and I am fighting it even if we go to court. This company is a payin member of the BBB. They say the company has resolved all of the 49 complaints against them this year. When I insisted they had not responded satisfactorily to my complaint, they said I must owe the money and listed the complaint as resolved.

I don't see how an insurance payment has any bearing on whether Wms plumbing is trying to cheat this customer by doing what he claims.

This customer has received a check from his insurance company. The insurance company paid the full invoice amount.

He sent the plumbing company a copy of the check, yet the company still has not been paid for services performed. Submitting an invoice and receiving payment from the insurance company and not paying the contractor could be considered insurance fraud.

If there was a problem with the work not being standard, BBB and your insurance company would have disagreed with the invoice. It seems this customer wants to keep the insurance check...

View more comments (1)
ID
Tulsa, Oklahoma

About

Summary

Williams Plumbing provides a full range of plumbing and drain services in the region of Tulsa, OK. Its specialists are equally professional whether you need to repair your old tube, to replace a tap or to install some new sanitary equipment at your home. Experienced technicians will help you to solve any plumbing issues not only in the kitchen or washroom, but also in garage, yard, slab foundation. All works are performed carefully and with respect to your property, especially when it is necessary to repair something under the tile, carpet and ground. Williams Plumbing’s contractors always give you your options, answer all your questions and clean before leaving.

Williams Plumbing reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article