Kia don't buy from them

I bought a KIA optima 2001 from north country motors. Well it has been ***. I got told my car had a bad timing belt so I take it to north country because heck I got it from them and they said oh we can fix it. OK. Well I went in there two days after they said it would be done. I was shocked. the guy is under my car and putting together the break system on my passenger side of the car I ask why did you take the whole passenger side apart for my timing belt he says well I didn't the kid that works here did.I look more my tranny is down I look at the engine and it looks a wreck. He say oh this person put your car together and left your dual over head cams loose then he didn't set the timing. and he started the car like this. I am like he bent my valves rite off I said this, He says no I don't know whats wrong I put it back together and it wont start I said because now its got bent valves and god knows what chain reaction. He talked to me like I was a dummy because I was a female. So I asked him did you set the first lifter to the rite position and ling every thing back up there is more to it than that to set the timing in a new vehicle. But any ways he says "no" it does it itself I about through up I was laughing and crying so hard. So I told him I was going to call my attorney. Well I didn't even make it home when my cell rings and its the *** that works the front desk and she should stay there. But any ways she says I don't know what you just did but we cant get your car running because you drove it into our place with bent valves and the timing slipped and caused this. I said! " are you *** enough to call me and say such bull ***"? She got mad I said to her let me tell you some thing don't call me if you have no clue of what you are talking about. You really cant drive a car in that condition I just came from a three hundred mile trip the day before when I drove my car to you it was running no lights were on no smoke nothing it was just running at a low rpm I forget the correct term for what it was doing. I could just tell that it was loose and getting ready to go so I got it up there. I said you can in some cars drive it with bent valves but wont go far before you know whats hap pend even the mechanic said it doesn't sound like it has slipped timing I told her I am going home to call my attorney. and hung up on her. I went and met with the attorney and told him every thing and called over thirty auto shops. and every one of them told me the same thing I already said. I was on my way out of town to go home when my cell phone rings its the ***. She says well we had to call KIA they just left with your car. I said why was I not asked first but I thought they have to know what they are doing its Williams KIA in traverse city Michigan. Well she is still trying to tell me I did this to my car. Bottom line I shut down there auto garage and they paid about twenty five hundred dollars to KIA to fix there mistake because I also had them on the fact that they let an unlicensed mechanic work on my car. Now it gets good. I go to KIA the day they tell its done and I get there rite when the other place has just paid them off and they just left. well I sign all the papers to get my car. They pull my car up front for me and I notice its running ruff. Hum! I get in my car and notice my check engine light is on. hold up. I have never had dummy lights so if my light is on there is a problem. They told me it was nothing I fight with them about this they tell me its my air conditioner making my car run ruff because its going out and when it freezes up its going to break all my belts. I took a look, I said no it wont I have a four belt pulley system. two actually if you don't count the timing and tension er belt. but I said the belt hooked on the pulley of the air conditioner is only running my power steering the other belt above it is running the water pump and so on. I said i could cut the air belt off it rite now and I would only loose my power steering so what who cares. well any ways my car I got to drive it for not a full two months before it just dies out. No smoke no oil spillage nothing. Oil in it has maybe five miles on it. It would sit at an idol and make a pinging noise well me and my dad start going over this car and well we find three torch bolts loose it can loose compression from that. Also at a start take your oil dipstick out and if there isn't oil going up the stick a good way up then your oil pump is going out or you have a clogging some place. OK. as we are looking we notice they used the old torch bolts they stretch over time you have to torch them to a pacific torch for each vehicle has its own. I call Williams KIA and tell them whats going on and they give me the biggest run around. They tell me oh we don't use new torch bolts any more its a waste of money I asked why was I not told about this and why didn't you tell me I should come back in or re torch them. If I had known they were the old ones I would have taken my car some place to have them retouched. well they have yet to do any thing about what they have done to my car. My car is in a shop rite now probably with a blown engine who knows. All my problems started when north country did the timing belt then Williams KIA did a bad so called upper rebuild on my engine. It is sad I just paid the car off in August and cant drive it. I live on a very small income and cant afford to purchase another vehicle. One of them places should be paying for a new engine on my paper work it shows I have a year warranty on there work and they wont even stand by that. I also have no old parts they wouldn't give them to me the day I picked my car up each place tells me the other place has them and I am out of my car. The head mechanic told me and my father that once KIA hit a hundred thousand they come out of your pocket get rid of it to a junk yard. The parts on them are worth more than the cars there selves. I have only one good thing to say is I hit a deer head on going about sixty and all's I got was a little bend in my hood that don't even notice if don't know the car. also Don't believe when they say they dont rust my hood has rust spots and the body have pin like rust spots I see them but you cant just by looking over the car only the ones on the hood there are two small spots its a pearl white.
ID
Houston, Minnesota
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article