Owner was very rude and condescending, intolerant and impatient.

The owner of Williams' Fuel Service in Hatfield, PA did not treat me with the respect and kindness that I expect to have with someone with whom I'm doing business. I made a mistake that led to a credit card decline which should have been handled easily and quickly with courtesy and respect. I was happy to correct my mistake within 24 hours with a new credit card. However, Bill raised his voice to me, spoke condescendingly, and hung up on me twice. This came as a surprise to me since I had paid him $1000-$1500 in the past couple of months. You'd think he'd be grateful, instead he treated me like a deadbeat who had been avoiding him for years. I would not recommend this company for your heating needs. There are far too many companies in our area that are happy to treat their customers well.

"We never had any dealings with a Kate Bristow and we are working with our legal advisors to determine a course of action against this site and the individual who put up this post."

I am blown away by this. WHY do you think this is significant? In 2010, WHO do you think is using their full, real name on internet message boards besides those who are ignorant of the risks?

Anyone reading this has to laugh at this point, because few people use their full name on public message boards. It is not to “hide behind a lie,” but it is to protect privacy and “real life.” I told you I would be posting my complaint on every site I could find a place for it. I'm not "hiding" from you, I made my intentions very clear, and my story is very specific.

I have also told you repeatedly that I use a screen name when posting on the internet, just like the rest of the world. It is considered appropriate internet etiquette not to reveal your real name when posting, everyone in the last two generations should know this, I'm sorry if your age precludes you from this knowledge.

I have countered you with this question on other message boards regarding this discussion. You repeatedly make a point about my internet screen name being different than my full, real name, and I repeatedly ask you, “What point are you making with this?” You have yet to answer.

I have the right to protect myself with a alternate screen name on the internet, not only do I have that right, it’s socially recommended and expected. I’d like you to please demonstrate for me how this affects my complaint in any fashion.

By taking the time to point out that I use a screen name, instead of taking time to apologize, you are only digging your own hole deeper. You are demonstrating behaviors that appear petty and small. I believe a business owner should be interested in other things.

Regarding your continued threats to "determine a course of action," do not forget that I have the right to voice my opinion about my perception of the situation, and you do not have the legal right to threaten to stifle it.

I am also "working with my legal advisors to determine a course of action" against anyone who threatens my right to free speech.

#119531

As the author of this post, I'd like to address your reply.

"I am the owner the company, And we did solve the problem in 24 hours and we did it with out being rude."

-I did not say that the problem was not solved, but I firmly disagree with your point that you were not rude while we were solving it. The definition of rude is "offensively impolite or ill-mannered."

You demonstrated those behaviors during two different phone calls. Societal norms would dictate that interrupting, being condescending, raising your voice, and hanging up on someone twice is offensively impolite and ill-mannered.

"My number is 215 393 **** for anyone who wishes to call."

-I'm certain that anyone who should call this number initially will be met with the same polite attitude, cooperation and willingness to help that I experienced. That's why I found the rude behavior so shocking. You had been in my home and had been very kind.

However, the moment that I made a mistake in paying my bill, a mistake that anyone could make, you did not show me the same attitude you had before. When you called to notify me of my mistake, my greeting to you on the phone was a positive, "Oh, hi, how are you?" To which you replied with a raised voice, "NOT GOOD, YOUR CREDIT CARD WAS DECLINED!"

In my opinion, you did not demonstrate kindness or grace in any fashion. I am posting reviews of my opinion, of the way you conduct business because I feel other consumers should be made aware that if they enter a contract of business with you, they run the risk of being treated negatively should they make an error.

"The person leaving the blog did not use her real name as it was given to us."

-Of what consequence is this??? To scrutinize a person's online screen name seems very petty to me. By pointing this out instead of taking time to apologize, you're only demonstrating to me, and our readers, your interest in furthering the argument. But again, that's just my opinion.

No, it's not my real name, and I'm not hiding from you just because I have a screen name that's different from my real name. I knew if you read this you'd certainly know who I was, mostly because I told you I'd share my experience with anyone who'd like to hear it.

We all use, or at least we should, use screen names when we're online. I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this.

"We are proud of our reputation with our other customers, and will be happy to give references to any one who would like one."

-Most businesses do have some happy customers, otherwise, they would go out of business quickly.

My favorite quote is, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it." Many of your customers most likely will never make a mistake that upsets you. I can understand, and accept responsibility for, and have apologized for SEVERAL times, the fact that my mistake may have been frustrating to you. However, instead of showing grace and kindness, by saying something like, "Your mistake was no problem, things happen," you raised your voice to me and demanded I call my boyfriend to "see if he has a credit card I can use." And, you hung up on me when I asked you for an apology the next day.

I'm sure that you could find some happy customers who will give you a great reference, perhaps you're nice as long as the customer doesn't upset you.

"We cannot please everyone, even if we do exactly as they wish, as in this case."

-All that was needed was a simple, "Hey, I apologize for how I spoke to you. I admit I was frustrated and I didn't handle it appropriately." That's literally all that was needed to "please" this customer.

It's interesting to see that you admit you "cannot please everyone," when I explained to you, on the phone, all I needed was an apology. An apology I did not get then, and still have yet to.

I am the owner the company, And we did solve the problem in 24 hours and we did it with out being rude. My number is 215 393 **** for anyone who wishes to call.

The person leaving the blog did not use her real name as it was given to us.

We are proud of our reputation with our other customers, and will be happy to give references to any one who would like one. We cannot please everyone, even if we do exactly as they wish, as in this case.

View more comments (3)
ID
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article