Irresponsible and Negligent

I would not recommend this place and not go back. I have been going there for years and was shocked this actually happened. It’s all about the money. I called on a Sunday for an emergency for my cat only not to be treated as such and by Friday, my cat was dead. That was my first mistake was that I trusted them since they were my regular vets. My cat's medical condition was mishandled beginning with the receptionist to the doctors. A critical diagnosis was missed which caused my cat's medical condition to worsen. It was documented incorrectly from my phone call to the doctor’s appointment and I found other incorrect information that was a straight out lie. I was sent home with a prescription that did not work. Never mind the unprofessionalism and rudeness of the office staff; I was more concerned for my cat. My cat was hospitalized there for 3 days. My cat went without food for at least 5 days throughout this time because of them. The doctors scheduled each day to perform patient care for my cat did not do so adequately or even examine my cat properly. I was assured the doctor would call me and never did. When I called, I was told the doctor left 10 minutes prior. That was just irresponsible. My phone calls were not returned. They pumped my cat up on fluids, so it appeared my cat gained weight and was on the mend. When I asked the discharge doctor about the prognosis, she shrugged her shoulders and did not say anything. I then asked about any follow-ups and the doctor just said no. They discharged an extremely sick dying cat. My cat had the stench of death. By the time I got to an emergency vets, the damage was done. My cat was crying in pain, lethargic, jaundiced, body temp was cold, lost the so-called weight gain and more, blood was so bad, the machine could not read it and the emergency vets had to analyze it manually. I trusted the wrong vets and paid the ultimate price, my beloved cat - rest in peace. Do your pet a favor and go somewhere else.

who was the vet

ID
Lowell, Massachusetts
Loss

Wignall Animal Hospital is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place to take your pet!

March 2008: i can't say it enough. I had an absolutely horrific experience there. These vets (all but possibly one) and the administrator could care less about the health and well-being of your pets. To make a long and traumatic story short: they sent me and my fevered cat packing with a 104 fever and 22 pre-filled syringes of ampicillin after charging me hundreds of dollars to keep her overnight on an IV drip! Go anywhere else. ANYwhere is better. Seriously. This is an absolute farce of an animal hospital or veterinarian care! I rescued a seagull a few weeks back and brought it to Tufts Wildlife Hospital for care. That seagull received better care for my $25.00 donation than my cat received for $1000. 00 at Wignall. Shame on them!

I've heard from numerous people that they are a rip off. They care more about the money than your pet.

I took my pet there years ago and never went back because they do unnecessary testing and whatever else they can to make a lot of money off people. It's a well known fact by many.

I must say I disagree with the negative comment on Wignall Animal Hospital. I just went there for an emergency visit regarding a cat and they were great!! Everyone was super nice and they took care of the matter at hand and didn't try to swindle me into anything other than what was needed Would definitely recommend them to anyone!

View more comments (1)
ID
Boston, Massachusetts
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article