So far, very bed

Update by user Feb 13, 2019

So far there has been no action from Tech support. The issue remain unresolved.

Relying for writing correction on another product. The lifetime license is a joke. It looks like the company doesn’t function at all. Selling the yearly subscriptions is the only aim.

If you want acceptable support, don’t buy this software. There are better product available.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2019
Instead of help, I an receiving emails telling me that whitesmoke didn't hear from me and the ticket will be closed.
ID
Cons
  • Technical support
Reason of review
Technical Support
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Stay away from WhiteSmoke Spell Checker

I've a lifetime license for WhiteSmoke spell checker. After I purchased a new computer, I was not able to install the software. I've contacted the company several times, I've sent copied and even wrote the error message, and they keep responding say that I've not answered their question. My new laptop runs on Windows 10 operating system. I’ve been trying for weeks trying to get them to fix the problem, and every time they respond with please send a copy of the problem. I’ve sent MS Word documents attached, and they still asked for data. I’ve also sent the error in a PDF format. WhiteSmoke does not support their software and they would like you to believe they do. Bad investment. Learn from my mistake.

I agree. I bought a LIFETIME Plan and paid the premium price.

Now White Smoke has issued a new version and my software no longer works. When I try using it, I get a message saying my activation code has expired. How can a life time license expire?

I have sent complaints to the support department, they assign my complaint a number and tell me I should have resolution in a few days.

Three weeks later still no response.

When I look up the support number it simply says issue "unassigned" and issue "Open"

That suggest they will not do anything to satisfy my complaint.

ID
Medina, Ohio
Service
Whitesmoke Technical Support
Reason of review
Poor customer service

About

Whitesmoke Terms of Service
Thank The Customer for visiting WhiteSmoke Inc.'s website (the "Site"). The Site makes available to The Client certain content for informational purposes. Please carefully read these terms and conditions (the "Terms"). By using Company's Site, The Client thereby agree to the Terms. If The User of Website do not agree to the Terms, The User should exit Company's Site and not use or review any of the information that is posted on this Site. WhiteSmoke owns the copyright in the Site and its content, including its overall appearance, graphics design and underlying source files. The Customer may download or copy material from Whitesmoke's' Site, only for The User's own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use is forbidden. Except as permitted above, The Client of Whitesmoke may not reproduce (in whole or in part), transmit (by electronic means or otherwise), modify, link into, frame or use for any public or commercial purpose the contents of this Site without the prior written permission of WhiteSmoke.
To read more: http://www.whitesmoke.com/terms.html
Whitesmoke Privacy Policy
Thank The User of company services for visiting WhiteSmoke Software Ltd's. The Customer's privacy is important to Website To better protect The Client's privacy, Whitesmoke provide this notice (the "Policy") which applies to information provided or collected through this Site located at www.whitesmoke.com and in connection with WhiteSmoke's various services and software products (collectively, "Services"). The TrustGuard program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software. TrustGuard's mission, as an independent third party, is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions. The Information Whitesmoke Collect. This includes information that can identify The User ("personal information"). When The Client of Whitesmoke register as a user of WhiteSmoke, The Customer voluntarily provide information about The User (such as name and e-mail address).
To read more: http://www.whitesmoke.com/privacy.html
Top Whitesmoke Services

Technical Support

Whitesmoke Pros and Cons

Cons: Technical support

Summary

Whitesmoke is an American firm offering a comprehensive online tool for writers. Whitesmoke helps create content that is spelling, style, grammar-mistakes free and coherent. The company has its operating office in Wilmington, Delaware. Whitesmoke’s embedded browser add-on allows users translate, correct, and write documents in English assists users with any type of documents. Whitesmoke offers an easy to use a kit for both native speakers and those for whom English is not the mother tongue. Natural language processing and optimization algorithms make the software a number 1 choice for many users worldwide.

Whitesmoke reviews and complaints

Whitesmoke is ranked 343 out of 867 in Education category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article