Did not receive download instructions. Paid $79.00

On 9/13/2021 I paid for annual membership to White Smoke. I have not received a download link to install your software. Please send ASAP. Thanks, Buel Warden

User's recommendation: Contact WS if you can find a means to do so. Their telephone numbers as listed on the WEB do not work. WS makes it very difficult to contact them. They do not answer phone call and are very slow to answer messages to their support department. WS is a good product but I believe that Grammarly matches them and they are much better about responding to support issues. I have had WS for ten years and on many occasions I have had problems reaching a person for help. Then there is always the problem with language barrier. I may switch to Grammarly anyway.

Atlanta, Georgia

Verified Reviewer

WhiteSmoke.com Consumer Warning

Update by user Oct 05, 2021

I got a reply from WhiteSmoke, and their excused in several errors of the software is that it is the way it was programmed. Furthermore, the software that I subscribed for one year this year 2021 runs differently from what I still have that was purchased for life in 2011.

Original review posted by user Sep 05, 2021
I subscribed to a one-year subscription with WhiteSmoke.com. Here is one major concern with their product. Their vocabulary is far behind. Their Customer Support is not reliable. The methodology of correcting the grammar of a paragraph is time-consuming.

User's recommendation: See to it that you get the latest version and not that of ten years ago.

Los Angeles, California
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

So far, very bed

Update by user Feb 13, 2019

So far there has been no action from Tech support. The issue remain unresolved.

Relying for writing correction on another product. The lifetime license is a joke. It looks like the company doesn’t function at all. Selling the yearly subscriptions is the only aim.

If you want acceptable support, don’t buy this software. There are better product available.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2019
Instead of help, I an receiving emails telling me that whitesmoke didn't hear from me and the ticket will be closed.
ID
Cons
  • Technical support
Reason of review
Technical Support
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Stay away from WhiteSmoke Spell Checker

I've a lifetime license for WhiteSmoke spell checker. After I purchased a new computer, I was not able to install the software. I've contacted the company several times, I've sent copied and even wrote the error message, and they keep responding say that I've not answered their question. My new laptop runs on Windows 10 operating system. I’ve been trying for weeks trying to get them to fix the problem, and every time they respond with please send a copy of the problem. I’ve sent MS Word documents attached, and they still asked for data. I’ve also sent the error in a PDF format. WhiteSmoke does not support their software and they would like you to believe they do. Bad investment. Learn from my mistake.

I agree. I bought a LIFETIME Plan and paid the premium price.

Now White Smoke has issued a new version and my software no longer works. When I try using it, I get a message saying my activation code has expired. How can a life time license expire?

I have sent complaints to the support department, they assign my complaint a number and tell me I should have resolution in a few days.

Three weeks later still no response.

When I look up the support number it simply says issue "unassigned" and issue "Open"

That suggest they will not do anything to satisfy my complaint.

Medina, Ohio
Service
Whitesmoke Technical Support
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article