Nissan refused to service recall issue as recall

I received free diagnosis from Danny's Great Bears Auto Center. They informed is that the camshaft position sensor was faulty and very kindly let us know that Nissan issued a recall on that part for the 2003 Nissan Murano (THANKS DANNY!). We go to Weston Nissan for service on the recall. Their first line managers said that the recall on the camshaft does not apply to my VIN. I went home to research this. Prominently displayed on their website is a recall for the camshaft position sensor. Apparently 630,000 of the 2003 Nissan Murano's (see here: http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/recalls/nissan/2003/murano/nhtsa-77752.html) were effected by this, apparently mine wasn't one of them. It also says that this defect can result in a crash (we found out there was a problem with the car when it shut down while we were on the highway). I call their consumer affairs department. They wouldn't even allow me to speak with a regional specialist until I allow Weston Nissan to run their own diagnosis because they insist that the diagnosis I received from great bears was not a diagnosis that they can go by. They say that before we can move forward on the recall issue, I must first allow have Nissan run their own diagnosis. I would have let Danny's do the replacement, but I'm put between a rock an a hard place since only Nissan can program this part. So, like an *** I allow them to run their diagnosis under the pretense that I won't need to pay for said diagnosis as long as I pay for the service needed or it is determined that I am covered under the recall. I receive a call from their regional specialist who informs me that I'll need to pay for everything: the diagnosis, the camshaft position sensor, and the service, despite the fact that I showed them a perfectly fine diagnosis that they refused to go by, and despite the fact that I had a recall on the part. These people don't smile when you enter their facility unless it looks like you're going to buy a car. They have no sense of customer service. Zero ethic. No pride. No integrity. If there's a recall on a part and you come to Weston Nissan, prepare yourself. You might end up paying for it.

Hello Sir. My name is Tony Figueroa and I am the Service Manager with Weston Nissan.

Recalls are vin specific and can only be performed on vehicles that are applicable. Dealers can not perform a recall if it was performed prior or the recall does not apply to the vin. I would be more then happy to check your vin and see if there are any open recall campaigns on your vehicle and schedule to have them performed.

Please feel free to reach out to me. Direct 954-888-****

ID
#192666 Review #192666 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Miami, Florida
Loss

Weston Nissan charging 3 times for the same repair

My Nissan Sentra 07 worked well until passed the 36 monhts wty. Then the passenger rear door did not open at all. I took the car to Weston Nissan (where I purchased it) and they refused to do fix it under the warranty. I complained to NIssan Motors and they reimbursed me for the repair. Then the same problem 4 months ago, the door not open. I complained again but Weston Nissan did not want to bear the problem saying again that was out of the warranty, I paid $163 for the repair. 3 Weeks ago the same problem, door does not open and Weston Nissan does not want to honor their lousy job on the repair and to escape the problem, they say it is the handle now. It is time for Weston Nissan to be honest and bear their responsibility, because they did a lousy job before and they have to pay this time.
ID
#190165 Review #190165 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

About

Weston Nissan Return Policy
To read more: https://www.westonnissan.com/leasing-information.htm
Weston Nissan Warranty
Nissan commercial vehicles are already incredibly durable, but when they're backed by America's best warranty, they're nearly indestructible. Compared to competitors - aka: just about every automaker in the country - the Nissan warranty is a breath of fresh air. What makes Nissan's coverage so spectacular is its lengthy basic warranty period. While every other automaker offers a three-year commercial van and truck warranty, Nissan's impressively pushes the envelope to five years, offering repairs and replacements of defective parts and components. Best yet, it covers 100,000 miles worth of travel compared to the standard 36,000-mile coverage offered through other warranties. Nissan guarantees a high-quality gleam on all their vehicles, including NV Cargo vans and TITAN pickups. Should perforation be found on any Nissan body sheet metal or panel, whether due to corrosion or rust, it's covered under the warranty's Corrosion Coverage for up to five years.
To read more: https://www.westonnissan.com/nissan-commercial-warranty.htm
Weston Nissan Privacy Policy
Thank The Client of Weston Nissan for visiting Company's Weston Nissan website, including Weston Nissan's' mobile device-ready version. This way, the content of Weston Nissan's' website will be as relevant as possible for The User of Website the customer. www.westonnissan.com hope that The Client find Company's website to be a useful part of The User's car-buying experience. To accomplish this, The Company responsibly collect and utilize personally identifiable information. Website respect The Client's privacy, and this Privacy Policy documents Weston Nissan's' commitment to safeguard and treat The Customer's privacy and the personal information that www.westonnissan.com collect online with reasonable care and in strict compliance with applicable law for the protection of personally identifiable information. What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Company's control. This Privacy Policy applies only to Company's website and information collected for The Company or by Website through Weston Nissan's' website and through various features and online offerings on Weston Nissan's' website.
To read more: https://www.westonnissan.com/privacy.htm
Summary

Weston Nissan is a Nissan dealership located in Davie, FL. The company serves such towns as Davie, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, Plantation or Sunrise. Weston Nissan offers a variety of cars, trucks and SUVs. There are used as well as new inventory offered. Among new models are such as 2011-2012 Sentra, Rogue, Versa, Xterra and Pathfinder which are available in Weston Nissan. The company also offers its customers all related services. At Weston Nissan one can get Nissan Parts, Car Service and Car Loans near Fort Lauderdale & Davie. Clients can also buy accessories as well as tires from Weston Nissan and to get any kind of consultation.

Weston Nissan reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article