Homeowner scammed

Reported a leak in the upstair bathroom.Western Mutual Insurance Group, my insurer, sent Serv Pro to minimize damage. After the independent damage appraiser finished his report the total was $3,112.85. Western Mutual paid the claim as follows 1% deductible=$1,370.00, Serv Pro, whom I did not call, got paid $1,392.00, and we got a check for $350.85. I would have never allowed Serv Pro to do anything, had someone told me what amount this service cost. The service was blow dry floor and ceiling below. My biggest gripe is that there is no money left to actually repair the damage. So be careful if Serv Pro or any other company shows up ask lots of questions. My claims adjuster told me this is standard procedure.
ID
San Antonio, Texas
Cons
  • Misinformation
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Western Mutual Insurance - Hire the worst Customer Service People, then Promote them to Manager!

Where to start.. I've been a "customer" of Western Mutual for 12+ years and have been paying them to insure my house. There staff is rude, and works very "hard" and putting all the requirements on the "customer". After more then 50 payments (again 12 yrs) to them on time, I was late recently on a payment. Their solution..they cancel your policy. They sent a letter, but no phone calls, no real effort. Despite a payment actually being made to them (which they said does not count despite the fact that they processed the funds and have not returned them in over 3 weeks), they want a letter written from me asking to be a customer again and to cover my house (again after 12 years of uninterrupted payments). One amazing direct quote from their underwriter Laura Stanislawski was, " I leave at 3:45 everyday, and it is 3:38 and you'll need to call back tomorrow" - mind you, I was trying to give her a payment over the phone.

Yike !!!!

This is an absolutely dispicable company run by the Joe Crail Foundation for the Promotion of Nepotism and Corruption :)

View more comments (1)
ID
San Diego, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article