Horrible pest department!

We are rehabbing a secondary home and had a big job for somebody. We found Western and decided to go with them. We were very pleased with their salesman and the heat treatment department. Because of this, we decided to stick with them for the future pest maintenance until we could get the problems under control. BAD IDEA. We were promised and it was in contract for them to remove all pest contaminates thru out the home and set traps. The service person that showed up was two hours early for a four hour window. It was quite the inconvenience, but I figured he could use the extra time. When he asked to be shown what we wanted he was very resistant to what was expected. He volunteered that his department had nothing to do with the previous one(obviously). And expressed his unhappiness with others in the company. Apparently, he did not have a proper work order, because he didn't bring a hepa vac. Instead, he opted to pick rat droppings out of the carpet by hand. Which was very inefficient and un professional. He kept telling me that he was only responsible for two rooms (to get out of going in the attic? That is the main problem area), which the contract was for whole house. When I asked him what he was doing here if he wasn't going to provide the agreed service, he said he had a problem with my rudeness....in my own home! They actually sent the same person back to check the traps. He brought the vac that time, but it didn't help much. All the traps had been sprung in the attic but he refused to look for a body, and left piles of droppings. When i asked him to vac the large pile, he refused that as well. To sum up these key points, they broke the contract, horribly at that. And are still billing us for services not provided. This department is clearly at odds and in house fighting, there is no need to bring customers in to their issues. I am not sure if this is that tech's first job, but he shouldn't be out there alone. Unfortunately for the other department, they wear the Western logo and get lumped into this mess. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody. I only wonder how many nice customers they have cheated.
ID
Montesano, Washington
Service
Western Exterminator Pest Control Technician
Cons
  • Colton and supervisor were very unprofessional
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article