Karlene Iqz

They are rip offs

I bring my dog there for a stomach issue. We did a major operation she didnt recover now shes blind and they cant figure out why they told me that she needed emergency operation and there was nothing in her stomach that the worst rip off and unprofessional scam dont ever bring your dog there.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Worst place ever

Bella D Jrc

Verified Reviewer

Inflammatory bowel disease

I harbor a profound regret for not choosing VCA in Westbury for my dog's care instead of West Hills. The veterinarians at West Hills demonstrated a lack of competence in handling my senior dog's battle with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).

Despite dedicating considerable time to his care, my dog faced challenges like a leaky gut and protein loss, hindering his ability to absorb fluids without the correct amino acids.

During an overnight treatment at West Hills, my dog experienced organ swelling and fluid-filled lungs, leading to distressing complications. What adds to the frustration is that I was never adequately informed about the specifics of his treatment, even when I sought information. He was supposed to receive IV with protein to help absorb the fluids, but the absence of that resulted in fluid filling his organs. Dr.

Madeline Rumer and Sheila Cayetano were involved in his care, and despite my desperate pleas to cease fluids, my efforts proved futile, and tragically, it was too late. My dog, only 8 years old, passed away.

I firmly believe that if I had chosen VCA, the outcome for my beloved pet would have been different. The lack of competence, communication, and responsiveness at West Hills contributed significantly to this heartbreaking loss.

I urge anyone reading this and concerned about their dog's care to reconsider West Hills. While it may be less expensive, the saying "you get what you paid for" rings true less cost often translates to less care.

In my experience, the level of care was subpar, and I express my dissatisfaction with a rating of zero stars. Choosing West Hills took my best friend away from me, and I want others to be aware of the potential consequences.

Pros:
  • Less money
Cons:
  • Less care which led to death

Preferred solution: The truth told

User's recommendation: Reconsider another animal hospital

Linda H Dgf
map-marker Melville, New York

Dog had hard time walking with back legs

Thought my dog had lyme disease as she could not walk. She was met with a very good Doctor Irma. I could not pic my dog up. Dr. Irma even got on the floor and did a complete exam. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Took the time to explain everything.
Pros:
  • Quick service
Sylvia C Nmo

Verified Buyer

My puppy was rush there they lied

My puppies jaw got stuck in a dog pen Rush her to west hills animal hospital they said dr. Leavy would be able to fix it at Gold Coast brought the puppy there four times in two weeks not happy with the way she was acting and looking a week later the puppies jaw gave way rush her to another vet hospital they said they had surgery on her jaw what ever Dr. Leavy did was Incorrect thats why the drawer never held
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t go to gold cost

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article