map-marker Rancho Santa Margarita, California

West Coast University Education Review from Rancho Santa Margarita, California

I am so tied up with student loan debt I regret attending this school. If I didn't like my job I would have lost my mind a year ago. People need to be educated on this hellish nightnare that you get into after attending. I have come close to leaving my family and everyone else to escape the sallie mae debt.
Reason of review:
Bad quality
Dailey Jfr

I myself have to much Sallie Mae debt due to West Coast University, without even entering nursing core, I was dismissed from the school after, not being able to pass HEASI exam. Not informed that this test needed to be passed before entering core, told by counselor I had ever thing that was needed for core.

I am not the only student that has had this problem this year.

Several of my co-worker were also, dismissed for different things. thank you Gail

map-marker Huntington Beach, California

Lied to about about scholarships and financial aid repeatedly

I was promised a $2000.00 scholarship, one that they told me to apply for, and for over a year got the runaround. Forget ever getting a call returned or an email answered. The only time I got any sort of answer was when I showed up and demanded to see the Executive Administrator, who more often than not had his secretary say he wasn't available and he would get back to me. All lies. Meanwhile, they screwed up my financial aid paperwork multiple times and even tried telling me I owed on a negative balance after I'd graduated. Adding insult to injury, they repeatedly failed to deliver time sensitive, highly important documents to me. All they care about is lining their pockets.
Loss:
$2000
Guest

This is the worst school ever. They let my daughter go after 2 years and have billed me over $90,000 I would like any advice.

I understand procedures however this school only cares about the money and I'm disgusted!! I have worked hard on my credit and now it's going bad!!! They have damaged my daughter's dream....

If there is an attorney out there that can help please contact me Carlaslife3@***.com. I know there was a class action law suit not sure what has happened with that.

Guest

It is true they lied about everything then a expensive school like that u can not even passing the last class to get on the core. For example only 8 weeks to cover Phato including.

2 papers we have to do.

If u are in that school u cannot work stay away from it bcs u loosing ur time. Miami Campus is the worst Campus

Guest

I finished WCU after starting in 2013. I've witnessed at least 6 nursing deans and countless instructors come and go.

People are triple charged tutition constantly due incompetent staff. Favoritism is rampant and they will do anything to keep people in program so they can continue to give thousands towards tutition. They constantly change school policies and manage by crisis.

Do not go here! Worst mistake I've made in my life!!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1099046

Which campus did you go? Miami or Los Angeles .

View more comments (3)

Universities, Colleges and Schools Expert Talks

Student Loans Explained: How Do Student loans Work? | How to Pay Off Your Debt?

Jul 23, 2021

How to apply for a student loan? Betsy Mayotte, a President of TISLA, gives expert advice on private and federal student loans, interest rates, forgiveness program, how a student loan impacts taxes. In this video, you'll uncover expert answer to a student loan complaint and success story of a student who paid $130K in student loan debt.

Read full article
Betsy Mayotte
Betsy Mayotte

Betsy Mayotte is the president and founder of the nonprofit called The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA). Her organization ensures that all consumers have access to free expert, neutral student loan advice and dispute resolution.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article