Cheap parts poor assemly process bad customer service

Update by user Feb 23, 2021

they wont call me back

Original review posted by user Feb 23, 2021
We purchased a engine from west coast engines in california and it turns out that they dont even build there engines, they come from a high volume production shop in spokane wa called S and J engines. the engine had cam failure and the clearances were never checked because the engine was so tight it burned up three of my starters trying to get it to fire. the camshaft was a reground from delta cams and when I ask for help they gave me the run around and never really helped me. The day i ordered the engine I was taken back when Larry was talking negative about other companies to try and motivate me to buy from him. turns out I should have listen to my gut feeling and went with another company.After taking the engine apart I found out that the rings were never file fitted they had no clearance marks on them they were pulled out of the box and installed. this is probably why the engine was so tight. In the end I had to have another shop fix the engine because they keep giving me the run around. After doing more research I found out that I could get the same engine for $3000 less from another builder. BEWARE of west coast engines people. IF you want a engine that has been blue printed and clearanced stay away from this company for they do not even build there own engines.

User's recommendation: stay away and go with a better company.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article