I was getting yelled at

I started working for Wellbeing Biomedical Acupuncture Center on January Today on February I went into work and did my daily task. Around 5:00pm I was sitting down talking to the Doctors wife to get things ready for the following day. The Doctor came up to me telling me off and he was in my face getting mad at me for paper work that was done in the past and was taking it on me like if I was the one who made the mistakes. I felt like he wanted to hit me because he was so close to me and doing hand jesters. His wife was there trying to defend me and was telling Dr. Kim to leave me alone but he wouldn’t leave me alone he still kept telling me off so I walked off to the restroom because he scared me. When I got out of the restroom. I sat in the break room and he rushes in there and yells at me to get out of his office and to never come back. So when I get up to clock out he blocked the door way with his body and wouldn’t let me go through because there was a patient checking out. So finally I clocked out and went back to the break room to get my belongings to leave. When his wife goes in there to talk to me saying that she’s sorry he comes back into the break room and yells at me again in front of everyone that was working. He kept yelling at me to get out of his office and to never come back. The doctor’s wife didn’t want me to leave. I was very surprised because he always would compliment my work. When I finally left his office I called Bakersfield Police Department to file a report on him but they said I couldn’t because he did not physically touch me. Dr. Brian Kim Has only been open for a few months and he cannot keep his employees for a long period of time because they all quit or he fires them the next day. He also has patient complaints that say they do not ever want to go back to him because he’s already burned two patients and left blisters on their body’s and because has a horrible attitude with everyone in his office. He also discriminates against Heavy people he won’t allow heavy people to work for him because they are considered to him to be lazy. He also won’t let pregnant women work for him either, I believe he needs anger management classes.

I made an appointment to receive acupuncture at this clinic because my workers' compensation insurance referred me to Dr. Kim.

I had been previously diagnosed with a condition in my elbow and have received acupuncture in the past for this same injury. While the assistant was taking my vitals, Dr. Kim came over to look at my tongue and chat. He asked if I was married and if so, for how long.

I told him I was and for over 10 years. He then proceeded to ask how many kids I had. I told him none. He asked me what was the trouble?

What was taking so long? I was completely insulted and thought the way he worded his response was slightly unprofessional. But when I told him nothing was wrong and that my husband and I chose not to have children, he shook his head and continued to utter "Tsk, tsk, tsk..." while continuing his line of questioning about why we chose not to have kids. Now he was being COMPLETELY unprofessional.

My fertility choices have nothing to do with my ELBOW. I chose to ultimately ignore his questions and we headed to the exam room.

As soon as we entered the exam room, Dr. Kim told me to strip - he wanted me to take ALL my clothes off, including bra and underwear. I was stunned.

I am not one to be shy around doctors. When they are professional, I offer them the respect they deserve and give them access to whatever they need to see to diagnose and/or cure me. But again, I was getting treatment on my elbow, and his odd demeanor and lack of professionalism had put me ill at ease to say the least. I questioned the necessity of removing all my clothes and he mumbled something about pressure points and said go ahead and leave my underwear on if I liked.

I picked up my purse and walked about of the exam room. As I tried to exit, he somewhat forcibly told me to “come back to the exam room!” That’s when I new my gut was right – I immediately returned to the reception area.

Once there, the receptionist and Dr. Hyun (Dr. Kim’s wife?) appeared to be completely shocked and speechless that I was leaving.

I politely explained why I refusing to be treated and bolted out. I will never return to that office again.

I worked for Dr Kim as well and I quit because he was doing the same thing to me I was being blamed constantly for mistakes that other employees made I was do relieved when I walked out the door the day I quit he has to be the worst person to work for and the whole descrimination against heavy or pregnant girls is so true I saw a couple of girls come in for interviews and he would just ask them a question or two and then let them go and he would rip the resume as soon as they walked out so disrespectful

I would have pointed out to the police that while he did not physically assault me, he did hold me against my will by using his body to block the exit. He sounds like a nightmare to work with, if I am to go on your story alone. As far as him not wanting heavy employees, I can tell you that is common with employers in the holistic field.

View more comments (2)
ID
Bakersfield, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article