WEB MD's "Your Plan for Health" uses bogus information

I work at Ohio State University. We are given a reduction in our health insurance premiums if we participate in something called "Your Plan For Health," "powered" by WEB MD. As part of this plan, we are to provide our health history, along with measures we are taking to maintain and improve our health. But their computer program does not allow us to enter complete information on any of that. For example, I was not able to report the last three surgeries that I had, because there was no category to enter them under. Likewise, there were not categories for all of the medications I am taking. On one question regarding the number of prescriptions I get filled each year, they wouldn't accept my answer. I had to lie, to continue. Currently, about twice a year, I am seeing a general practitioner, a cardiologist, and a urologist. WEB MD does not allow me to enter that information, but they are more than willing to give me advice based on the incomplete health history that they have. Since I have real doctors, working with real information, I don't see any need for WEB MD to give me advice at all. WEB MD is not really providing any service, yet somebody is paying for it. I might be paying less for my health insurance because of it, but somebody is paying for their phony service, and that expense is probably being passed on anyway.

Currently at my work place WebMD is playing the same game and they want employees to give up personal information to them that are protected by HIPAA. There is an wellness assessment form they want filled out and to accept a disclaimer or you will not get processed for better health care.

ID
Columbus, Ohio

About

WEB MD Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. By using this site, The Client of WEB MD signify The User's assent to these Terms and Conditions. WebMD LLC ("WebMD") may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. The Customer's continued usage of the WebMD website ("WebMD Site," or the "Site,") will mean The Client accept those changes. The contents of the WebMD Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials created by WebMD or obtained from WebMD's licensors, and other materials contained on the WebMD Site (collectively, "Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of The Client's physician or other qualified health provider with any questions The Client may have regarding a medical condition.
To read more: https://www.webmd.com/about-webmd-policies/about-terms-and-conditions-of-use
WEB MD Privacy Policy
WebMD understands how important the privacy of personal information is to Company's users. This Privacy Policy will tell The Client of WEB MD what information WEB MD collect about The User and about The User's use of WebMD and its services. It will explain the choices The Client have about how The Client's personal information is used and how The Company protect that information. WEB MD urge The Client of WEB MD to read this Privacy Policy carefully. This Privacy Policy applies to websites owned and operated by WebMD that are intended for use by consumers (non-professionals) for non-commercial personal, family or household purposes, including WebMD.com, MedicineNet.com, RxList.com, OnHealth.com, and eMedicineHealth.com and including the mobile optimized versions of these sites and WEB MD's' Mobile Device Applications or "Apps" Website refer to these sites and Apps collectively as the "WebMD Sites").
To read more: https://www.webmd.com/about-webmd-policies/about-privacy-policy
Summary

WebMD is an online portal that provides a wide range of health information, support and health managing tools. All the content presented is credible and timely. The organization is committed to providing users with trustworthy health information about different subjects. WebMD staff consists of experts in journalism and content creation, so readers are always given answers for all questions they are looking for. WebMD professionals specialize in Health news for the public, Live web events, Interactive tools, Medical imagery, graphics, and animation, Creating and maintaining up-to-date medical reference content databases and many more. WebMD is a reliable source of health information!

WEB MD reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article