Extremely poor moving experience with multiple issues; owner of company threatened me with a lawsuit for sharing my review

I had a very poor experience with We Like To Move It Movers and ***do not recommend*** that you use them for moving services. I hired them for an in-town move (Orlando) in March 2021 and was initially quite pleased at making a decision to hire "professional" movers as opposed to recruiting family and friends for help and renting a Uhaul truck. Little did I know then that hiring them would prove to be a very bad decision. Here are all the issues I experienced: 1) Cost estimate off by more than 100%: after providing my list of furniture items to be moved, Brandon (the owner) quoted me $282-$325 (can prove). In the end, he ended up charging $664. This is more than 100% of what I was expecting to pay and what I had budgeted for. In addition, due to running so over on time, I stopped the movers from reassembling 2 beds and an entertainment center because I did not have more money to spend, so it would likely have cost even more. I was shocked by the final total, and it looks like another customer experienced this gross underestimate as well (check the company's Google reviews). Btw, he has his movers stop all work and hold your items hostage until you pay. I was clearly dissatisfied with my experience, but since the clock was running, felt pressure to pay quickly, get the rest of my furniture, and end this nightmare of a day (moving is already stressful as is, then add in all these issues which we'll get to...). 2) Bad expectation setting: besides the issue about cost mentioned in #1, there is also the issue of time. I was expecting a 3 hour move. His movers were expecting a 3 hour move and said that this was the last job of their day, so we were ALL expecting to be done by 5pm. Little did we know that I would not be saying goodbye to the movers until 9:02pm, more than 4 hours after we expected. 3) Cheating on time tracking (remember, you pay by the hour): Brandon kept saying my start time was 1:30pm, but in fact his movers did not even arrive at my community gate until 1:32pm (can prove), and I have video evidence showing them still backing into my driveway at 1:35pm (can prove). Sure, the difference is only 5+ minutes, but over the course of multiple roundtrips (multiple trips were required due to Brandon only providing a 16 feet truck, which was not nearly large enough for all the items on my provided list), these rounding errors (only in his favor, of course) add up to $. In addition, the movers told us they were taking a 12-minute break early on in the day, and Brandon said he took off 5 minutes for a break. Then, on the first leg of the second roundtrip, Brandon only took off 20 minutes for travel back to location 1, when in fact the actual travel time was over 40 minutes (can prove). 4) Does not follow the fine-print on his own contract, which says "Customer is responsible to pay for We like to move it movers drive time back to our office in Ocoee FL, 34761. (estimated drive time will be added at completion of job [Under 15 miles is free]." According to both Google and Apple Maps, and the distance from the drop-off location back to the address listed on the contract is between 14.7 miles - 14.9 miles (can prove) regardless which route options are selected (tolls vs no tolls, highways vs no highways). Unless he is intentionally making his drivers take a longer, more roundabout route (he verbally told me that my location back to his shop was 18 miles), I should not have to pay for this drive time as the distance is under 15 miles. 5) Movers: They seemed to work hard when they were working, I will give them that. However, the level of experience between the 2 movers (A and B) was night and day. It was obvious that Mover A knew what he was doing. Mover B, not so much. I'm not going to be super picky about this as we all have to start somewhere, but it was clear that Mover B was quite new to this job and had a very limited vocabulary for communication. Mover A was teaching Mover B on the job and had to repeat things and offer reminders several times. This lack of experience was most evident when Mover B did not understand Mover A's instructions for moving a dresser, and ended up causing damage to the wall in my new house, with paint chipping off on both sides of the wall (can prove). 6) Safety concerns: Both movers wore masks for the maybe the first 15-30 minutes, and then mask usage became almost non-existent. I was not comfortable with this because we are still in a worldwide pandemic and they are literally going into your homes and touching all your furniture, but did not want to confront / anger them and potentially cause any "accidents" with my furniture. 7) Threat of a lawsuit for my factually accurate review: upon adding my review onto Google, Brandon told me over text that he would be filing charges for harassment and defamation and their attorneys would be in touch. Well, it seems like Brandon's approach for silencing his unhappy customers is to threaten a lawsuit, so you have that to look forward to. I am not going to be deterred as my points are factually accurate and can be proven. I will leave this review on other sites as well.

User's recommendation: DO NOT RECOMMEND.

ID
Apopka, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article