Verified Reviewer
Stay away Watertite Fiberglass Pools. Fiberglass pool warranty sounds awesome until you have a problem. Ken at Watertite promises to refinish your pool for a KNOWN problem in their finish, but when time comes he offers you $5 or $6K or a shell replacement. Shell...

Clent C. After conversations and review of your pool photos it was determined, the pool shell in question has a condition resulting from the Salt Cell producing to high of Chlorine.

The cosmetic issue is not covered under Warranty. Watertite had considered, having the pool resurfaced knowing it was not a warranty issue but to help address the cosmetic issue. Through this Extraordinary time (Covid), we could not address the issue in a time that would satisfy the customer. We came to understanding Watertite cannot repair the pools shell to a condition that the customer would be content with.

Watertite reimbursed the customer for the pool shell which went above what our warranty states and see this matter closed. Ken Baker, Owner Watertite Fiberglass Pools

ID
Cons
  • Warranty sounds great until you need to use it
Preferred solution
Refinish the pool as promised

GREAT Pool and company

My wife and I just had a "Watertite" pool installed and could not be happier. Ken Baker went out of his way to help us out in a less than positive pool experience with another contractor. Ken looked at our existing contract and offered his thoughts and advice on what to do next. We followed his advice and within three weeks of our initial conversation we had a completed inground pool installed and ready to swim. "He is honest as the day is long". We would recommend Ken Baker and "Watertite Pools" to anyone. Thank you Ken and the team you suggested for our install.
Product
Watertite Fiberglass Pools Pool
Reason of review
Good quality

Watertite Fiberglass Pools - Pool Review

I've got 20k in just a fiberglasspool shell 14x31 Cozumel model from watertite pools which was suppose to have a lifetime structure warranty. Needless to say it cracked in the bottom floor after 2 years over this past winter and is leaking water. My dealer reached out to watertite pools and ask them to cover the warranty of the pool and they refused to back there product. Buyer beware.

Mr Consumer ,

We went through this with the BBB and they did not side with you on this complaint. You never provided me with the contact information of the manufacturers or engineers that supposedly said the pool failed.

You never provided me with anything. Nor did you explain how 126000 pounds of downward pressure (full weight of water in full pool ) got pushed up if no water was removed. This doesn't happen without water removal.

I will accept the fact that you made a mistake and want somebody to pay for it and if not you will run these reviews to attack my company . I hope you find some satisfaction in that.

I'm sure you closed your pool incorrectly or somehow drained too much water out of the pool. This is usually how these cracks happen.

If you did not pay a professional to close your pool, you only have yourself to blame and have no claim with the manufacturer. I hope you have another 20k laying around.

@PissedConsumer1325037

The pool was never drained or emptied and was closed correctly just as the year before. Unfortunately we've had multiple credible companies tell us this happens and a WellPoint should have been put in.

Also you are the same Person that liked our review on the dealers Facebook page and said that you would not be purchasing a pool from them because of it.

So that is interesting. Seems like this must either be an alias for the dealer or a friend.

View more comments (2)
Product
Watertite Fiberglass Pools Pool
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article