ALL ABOUT THE $$$-- SHABBY DISHONEST PAINTER!

Hired Were Painting Company (KEN) in Puyallup,WA to do 3000sq ft house interior paint job. To start, Ken postponed the job repeatedly due to his vacation needs when we were told otherwise of a start date. When he finally did start nearly 3 weeks later after we had moved into our new house, with all our furniture now in the home, he informed us in writing of a completion date of 7 days from start to finish. Knowing how much work was involved he said he would have a 4 man crew on board and he, himself would be on the job as well. This was FAR from the truth! On average there were 2 guys MAX on a large job he had 7 days to complete. He dovetails his jobs and sends a couple guys to one job while the other is being finished so you will be lucky to see more than two guys at a time. He also had one guy quit while on our job. Needless to say, THREE WEEKS LATER OF A RUSHED JOB WITH NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL WHATSOEVER. We had paint on our carpet, furniture, trim, floor, fixtures, you name it, it had paint on it. We had to remind him to repair holes in the wall AFTER his guys tried to just paint over them, hoping we would not notice(repairs were included in the contract. Painting closets were also in our sq ft contract but only several were done after reminding them to do them and then the rest were left undone). So knowing he is 2 weeks behind schedule, paint residue everywhere, dropped paint roller on our couch by one of his guys, and the list goes on...there is no apology, no compensatory offerings,nothing! We then asked him to paint a wall a different color (that had not even been painted yet and he had the color already so no extra work entailed). His response, "that will be $90 to do that"! WOW! REALLY??? This gave me an idea of what I was dealing with. When the job was finally finshed after repeatedly asking to have stuff repaired and corrected, I spent days removing paint off of surfaces, fixtures, etc etc....they failed to remove painters tape on light fixtures (while removing tape off one of the light fixtures, it was loosened so much that it dropped onto the floor and shattered). I'm almost certain that was a jab. Shower heads were turned upward toward the ceiling so if we turned them on they would spray the ceiling. Just IMMATURE ***! In addition: It's been nearly 3 months since this job was done and there are areas where the paint is peeling away from the wall. We have already tried to call Ken the owner one time for a repair to be done and were told "I'll be out of town, call you when I get back". That was 2 months ago no word from Ken so I'm sure it will be time wasted to get him to come fix the paint peeling away recently. But he states he provides a TWO year guarantee on his work. That would be good and all IF THAT WERE ACTUALLY THE CASE. This is the best thing I can do right now is FOR WARN others from getting the same shabby, half *** work we got. IF, you do hire this "company", make sure you get a completion date with penalties accruing if CD not met and don't pay him until the job is done to YOUR satisfaction cause you may never see him again once he's paid. Just being HONEST!

This complaint is full of misinformation, the customer has made no attempt to contact me on any of these issues and the phone number I have for them is no longer in service.

Ken – Ware Painting (owner)

ID
Puyallup, Washington
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article