Ward Chrysler Center Reviews

Show reviews that mention
car deal cars business salesman credit service place sales life
Filter review

Unfinished

Call disconnected, wasn’t able to finish discussing my issue.
Saint Louis, Missouri

Mark Ward Kia Staff Review

I visited ward chrysler in carbondale il.after being "pre approved" and contacted by phone several times and a couple emails to set up a time to come in and "finish " the process i got to the dealership a different salesman then the one i had been speaking with who was decent then matt decides to blow smoke typical B.S. lets just say a major waste of time and effort
Tecumseh, Kansas

Great experience will do business again

I was looking for a new car as mine was about to quit and really didn't think I would get approved. They where running a great deal $49.00 plus tax title and license. I went expecting to only pay that much for a car in store. Mat Palmer was great, he helped me get my Chevy Impala close to what I wanted to pay and 0.00 in store. They stayed late to get me all taken care of and made sure to get me in my car. I love the car, loved the time and service out of mat. Will shop there again.
Benton, Illinois
Reason of review
Good customer service

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Review

Bought a 2008 dodge 3500. With a 4000.00 extended warranty tried to use and found out it had never been paid.To the extended warranty company. Do I get an attorney or go to the states attorney. Any know what I should do
Naperville, Illinois
Reason of review
Warranty issue

Ward Chrysler Center - Disrespectful Management Review from Farmington, Michigan

I am a past employee with documented acts of abuse from management that is currently being reviewed by management at the RIGHT places. This place should NOT be in business! Customers have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. Every deal is a scam.

i totally agrree i have known people wjo work here omg never never ever let anyone i inow go there the y are being looked at for fraud and the commercials they have on tv are horrible i shut voluime off lol its a bad place they are well lets just sayy there is a lot of partying that goes on there and more than one of their salepeople have been in jail

Farmington, Michigan

Ward Chrysler Center - Employees Treatment Review from Carterville, Illinois

I have never in my life worked for a more violent, degrading and discriminatory business. Having an education and as well, management experience in the past... I feel absolutely ignorant for having taken that job. They lie to customers, sales people are under paid and forced to work unpaid hours of over time. The management called us in for daily meetings that consisted of name callingsuch as '***, spineless, ***'. 'Eff this, eff us, eff everything'. Every other word is a vulgar demeaning rage filled 'vent' for them directed at staff. They outwardly admit to being upset for not getting their bonuses due to 'us'. We'd work very hard for them and they would lie about our sales and yell if we even let customers leave to go pick up children, etc. I plan on reporting them asap. I am a very strong minded individual and can take a lot of stress. The management is literally so horrible that when I would come home from working a 9 hour shift with no lunch break, I was sick to my stomach. I've never in my life been so disgusted by the way I saw other sales people, customers and myself treated. Do NOT buy from them, they will over charge you and put you in a horrible vehicle. Its all aboutflipping cars for them, they laugh at getting over on people while they wait excitedly to get into their new vehicle. If no one else has the gall to report them.....I do. It's a matter of being treated with any kind of humanity for customers and employees.

You should have worked better for us loser! Ward Chrysler FTW!

Very true statement by original poster

I worked there for two weeks as a salesman. They are liars and cheats.

One of the other salesman either tried to get me to smoke pot with him or tried to get me to buy some from him. Very bad place to work.

I worked for them in the past and documented everything that happened while I was there. It wasn't long ago.....

I'm with you on reporting them and actually have already been in the process already. Waiting to hear back and turn in my documents.

View more comments (3)
Carterville, Illinois

If you want to sell more cars--take your self off the commercials

Your commercials are very bad. You firsr put your little daughter on there trying to act like a 25 year old. Then you do a Xmas commercial with a dirty chair. Then you should not ever be on a commercial--makes me not ever want to buy anything from you/ Fess up---you are not to pretty to look at--neither is your nine year daughter. Get a life and realize this is not your cup of tea.Not trying to beat up on you--these are the facts. Stay off the TV I promise you will sell more cars. The latest commercial--when you tell us how to do math----get a life----duh duh duh ---
Chicago, Illinois
Loss

Ridiculously awful

The service at this place was at best laughable and at worst downright insulting. They squandered my time, promised me a car without so much as a credit check, Chad even told me off at the end of our attempted deal for "making him try so hard". I felt like my presence was nothing more than an intrusion on a bachelor pad. Two employees- one of them a manager- got into a very violent shouting match on the salesfloor that quite honestly made me feel unsafe. To sum up my visit: Chad said their sales were so low over the holidays that they were having to "*** off cars" this month- after having the misfortune of dealing with them, I now know why.

I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE. THAT CHAD KID ID A #*+HOLE.

PROBABLY NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND IN HIS LIFE! I SEE WHY.

Geneva, Illinois

Ward hyundai cape Giradeau mo.

Last Saturday my mother and I went to the Hyundai dealer ship in cape and got treated very poorly. The salesman refused to let us look at any car on their lot unless i did a credit application. I told him that i was not ready for that yet. since i did not know whT THEY HAD. hE THEN WENT and got his salesmanger who demanded that i give him my financial information. He then proceeded to ask me how much money did I have. This is very rude. They are too pushy and very unprofessional. Who ever heard of not being ablr to see the car before you buy it.

Comments are not good. Not even going to try to look there even tough I'm paying CASH

The service department at Ward Hyundai should be called the nonservice department. You wait around forever just to have them try to sell you hundreds of dollars in stuff you don't need, when all you want is an oil change.

The lady in charge, well I have seen her scream and yell at employees right in front of customers AND she smells like stale beer and cigarrettes! How unprofessional to have someone like that in charge. No wonder there are different people working there all the time--I have heard that the good ones get run off or are fired. Who wants to work with a bunch of stoners and alcoholics who dont give a care about anything but getting that money.

That place is a chaotic mess and after this last time, I am going elsewhere. Shame on Ward Hyundai--your management team is way subpar.

I just purchased my first that I did from step 1 by myself. Garrison was my salesmen and he was upbeat, fun, and professional.

He did a great job and I commend him for that. Chad did the financing and was also very professional, not to mention personable.

The guy was even nice enough to buy my dinner b/c I hadn't had the chance to eat before going to the dealorship. I would recommend Hyundai to anyone!

Appearantly it's an ongoing issue with this franchise! I looked at a dodge charger at the cape location, and have always wanted one!

I have excellent credit rating and I knew I could afford the car and then some! What aggravates me about this was that before u even get in the vehicle they want to pull your credit rating! I understand that they r busy "selling cars" but pulling my credit before even knowing if I want that specific car puts a negative hit on my credit by adding a inquiry on it! I'm sorry but have worked hard maintaining my credit score and that negative factor can lower my score!

I went ahead and did the credit report so I could look at the car! Of course, they realized they had a buyer and proceeded to force me to "check out" a new Hyundai which I told them I was not interested in! After 20 minutes of waisting time on the Hyundais, and 20 minutes on the credit app I finally got to get into the charger! I drove it and loved it!

It had everything I wanted and had decent mileage on it! So I attempted to haggle a price out of the salesman, which I was told they don't put prices on the cars! What car lot does not price their vehicles??? Well they proceeded with the paperwork and came back with a price of $16,000, a good price!

So we haggled prices and eventually was told I needed to come up with $2,000 down... What? Really! Even with my credit you require a downpayment?

Lol whatever! I told the salesman I would think about it and get back to him! I thought hard all night and decided I had a vehicle which I had let my son use and is no longer needed, so I would trade instead of using my cash! I went the next morning, stood there for 40 minutes without a word spoken to me!

Right before I was about to leave, I was stopped by another saleman who came from no where... Told him my intentions and to get my salesman. My original salesman came to me a few minutes later and I discussed my plans with him. He left to speak with the finance manager.

I was then approached by the the previous salesman, and he sat me down and went over the terms. I was then told that I needed my trade which was agreed at $4000 plus $2,000 cash down payment! So $6000 down on a $16,000 car??! Thought to myself well owing $10,000 on a charger is not bad and payments would be extremely low!

Sounded good to me, so I agreed! He left and came back later with the paperwork, we started going over it and I was informed that my payments would be $337/mth for 60 mths! If you do the math, that is just over $20,000 for a $16,000 car and $6,000 down! I asked what the deal was, and was informed the car was $25,000 before the down payments!

What??? So not what I agreed on! I expressed to him what agreement was with my original salesman, and was told " I'm not sure where he got that price?" he then went back to the finance manager with my concerns...I was then approached by yet another "salesman"! Again, I was asked to "update" their paperwork!

3 times now! This is insane! I agreed to a price and car! Get me what I agreed to or your waisting my time!

I am not playing this cat and mouse game, I agreed to a price of $16,000 and a trade of $4000 and a down payment of $2,000 leaving $10,000 to be financed on this car! I don't care how the original salesman got the price, but that is what I had been told! After haggling between the third salesman and the *** finance manager, I realized that I was waisting my time! I left the lot 5 hours later without the charger!

However; after a quick lunch stop, I visited the local Ford Groves! Within a couple hours I left in a dodge charger that had less mileage and same options as what I had previously looked at! Also paid $16,000 for it, received $5,000 for my trade! Financed just over $9,000 for my charger and payments are $305 for 36 mths!

What a deal ward missed out on! (of course I took a detour through ward on my way home and waved to my salesman from the window of my new prize possession! Would definitely not recommend Ward to anyone I know!

I know a lot of people who have the money to spend! Most likely will recommend Ford Groves in the future!!!

#342072

They are very pushy at ward Hyundai and very unprofessional. Consumers have the right to shop for the best vehicle for their money.

Since when is it of concern to the dealership if you can afford a vehicle? I went there and spent 4 hours negotiating a price before finally agreeing on it, then the general manager came out and killed the deal. Also they have a $2500 dealer mark up on their vehicles called a diamond plus package. Please refuse to pay this.

It is a junk fee and of course they will lie about that. Do your research on how to negotiate a car purchase and go in prepared. When they start acting like you are an ***, do the smart thing and leave. Immediately.

Don't fall for their high pressure tactics.

Maybe go buy a vehicle somewhere else, go to ward with it, and tell them the salesman you bought from said thanks for being a ***. He appreciates the commission.

Folks, we sell a lot of cars here. We'd hate to waste our time AND YOURS showing you a car that is out of your price range.

This is not an unreasonable process.

Ask any of our 124 satisfied customers from last month. Just satin.

Don't advertise to that type of customer then if you don't want them in your showroom

The reason being a dealership does that is because they dont wanna wasre thers time if u cant buy they will kick u out y show a car and spend a hr w a customer and they have poor credit guess what u now then wasted thatt mans time and prolly lost out of a sale to a person that could buy

I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE AT THAT PLACE. CHAD PAVEY WHO WORKS THERE IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND SOME GUY BY THE LAST NAME OF FRANCIS SEEMED LIKE HE WAS HIGH ON SOME DRUG. DO NOT SHOP FOR A CAR AT THIS PLACE IS MY OPINION.

View more comments (8)
ID
#208778 Review #208778 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Saint Louis, Missouri

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article