map-marker Sheffield, England

Bad experience

Bought an awning for over £3k and was guided by their so called expert awning salesman. The awning is too big for my caravan. All I've from them is poor excuses and attempts to worm their way out of admitting that they made a mistake.

User's recommendation: Do go there for an awning

map-marker Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire

Being Asked for 26 POUNDS PLUS VAT for a 1.5in spring

A spring on the passenger chair was slightly damaged when the swivel mechanism was used . They quote 26 quid , yes 26 quid !!! plus vat for a replacement Banditry at best

User's recommendation: Buy spares elsewhere,

map-marker Liverpool, England

No refund given

We cancelled our order within 24 hours, as we found a newer caravan cheaper. They said we could not have a refund of the £500 we paid. Not even a credit note to use in the shop. No customer service in fact the manager was very rude. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. No compassion at all. We lost everything last year in the floods and this is more than I can take.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

map-marker London, England

WANDAHOME CARAVANS AND MOTORHOMES TOOK £1000 DEPOSIT REFUSING TO RETURN

Whist at a motorshow my wife and I seen a used motorhome dispayed by the big company Wandahome. We deposited £1000 on the understanding that we tested the vehicle later as they could not take it off site. The following day we decided that the vehicle was not suitable and asked that the deposit be returned.This was refused even though we had not drove the vehicle. The manager insisted that we wrote to head office ,which we did but they refused point blank. Wandahome say they pride themselves in looking after the customer. I dont think so do you Do not buy from this company they do not value you as a customer !!!
Loss:
$12000
Guest

I paid £5000 deposit for a new motorhome which failed to turn up. After a year I asked for my 'refundable' deposit to be returned to me.

Recieved a curt letter from the manager stating that deposit was not going to be returned. My solicitor wrote and advised I would take them to Small Claims Court and by return of post he recieved an offer of return.

They have no legal right to withhold deposits if the terms of their contract are not met by them. They are a truly disgusting company and I fail to understand how they still trade.

Guest

exactly the same happened to me, is there anyone on line that can stop this practice and them stealing the £1000 deposit. Surely they should state before any transaction that the deposit is non refundable even if it is in the small print which is not pointed out to you. They are also very nasty when you try to talk to them.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

Guest

Similar experience with Wandahome South Cave. We ordered a Swift caravan at the NEC show on th 14th October 2010 and paid £1000.00 deposit.

We were told that the van would be delivered, if not before Christmas, soon after.

We are still waiting 4 months later and 4 delivery dates later. Wandahome South cave have appalling customer relations and I wonder how they manage to keep going.

Guest

bad experiences all round from Wandahome south cave dealer. Paid £1000 deposit at 2009 NEC show and promised new van by spring 2010, numerous complaints, delays to delivery, messed around and when went to finally collect the new van 8 months later they welched on the trade in price.

Poor customer service and attitude, they did refund my deposit though thankfully.

bought same van from Yorkshire caravans at Bawtry Doncaster with better trade in deal and much frinedlier service. I would not recommend Wandahome south cave to anybody

Guest

ditto the above we paid a deposit on a new swift escape 622 at Pickering paid £1000 deposit with delivery due in Oct.Only found when home that swift DO NOT RECCOMEND fitting a towbar (a requirement for us) contacted them to advise of swifts comments which was backed up with an email and a post on motorhomefacts forum.The reply was the same tuff *** we do not give back deposits.Steve Bateman director of Wandahome is a lousy apology of a man with no morals at all.Do not purchase anything from this dealership based in South Cave

View more comments (4)

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Camping: Everything You Need to Know About RV Travel

Nov 13, 2020

RVs are popular this year. So, how do you plan an RV trip? What’s it like to live in an RV? Where to go RV camping in the US? We asked Mark Koep, an RV expert and the owner of Campground Views to answer consumers’ top questions about RV trips.

Read full article
Mark Koep
Mark Koep

Mark Koep is an owner of CampgroundViews.com and an RV expert, who knows everything about RV parks and campgrounds in the US.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article