No refund given

We cancelled our order within 24 hours, as we found a newer caravan cheaper. They said we could not have a refund of the £500 we paid. Not even a credit note to use in the shop. No customer service in fact the manager was very rude. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. No compassion at all. We lost everything last year in the floods and this is more than I can take.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

ID
Liverpool, England

WANDAHOME CARAVANS AND MOTORHOMES TOOK £1000 DEPOSIT REFUSING TO RETURN

Whist at a motorshow my wife and I seen a used motorhome dispayed by the big company Wandahome. We deposited £1000 on the understanding that we tested the vehicle later as they could not take it off site. The following day we decided that the vehicle was not suitable and asked that the deposit be returned.This was refused even though we had not drove the vehicle. The manager insisted that we wrote to head office ,which we did but they refused point blank. Wandahome say they pride themselves in looking after the customer. I dont think so do you Do not buy from this company they do not value you as a customer !!!

exactly the same happened to me, is there anyone on line that can stop this practice and them stealing the £1000 deposit. Surely they should state before any transaction that the deposit is non refundable even if it is in the small print which is not pointed out to you. They are also very nasty when you try to talk to them.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

Similar experience with Wandahome South Cave. We ordered a Swift caravan at the NEC show on th 14th October 2010 and paid £1000.00 deposit.

We were told that the van would be delivered, if not before Christmas, soon after.

We are still waiting 4 months later and 4 delivery dates later. Wandahome South cave have appalling customer relations and I wonder how they manage to keep going.

bad experiences all round from Wandahome south cave dealer. Paid £1000 deposit at 2009 NEC show and promised new van by spring 2010, numerous complaints, delays to delivery, messed around and when went to finally collect the new van 8 months later they welched on the trade in price.

Poor customer service and attitude, they did refund my deposit though thankfully.

bought same van from Yorkshire caravans at Bawtry Doncaster with better trade in deal and much frinedlier service. I would not recommend Wandahome south cave to anybody

ditto the above we paid a deposit on a new swift escape 622 at Pickering paid £1000 deposit with delivery due in Oct.Only found when home that swift DO NOT RECCOMEND fitting a towbar (a requirement for us) contacted them to advise of swifts comments which was backed up with an email and a post on motorhomefacts forum.The reply was the same tuff *** we do not give back deposits.Steve Bateman director of Wandahome is a lousy apology of a man with no morals at all.Do not purchase anything from this dealership based in South Cave

View more comments (3)
ID
London, England
Loss
$12000

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article