Verified Reviewer

Complaint

I believe the Dealership failed to perform as promised with the Costco Auto Program on my custom ordered 2021 Audi Q8 at Walters Riverside Audi. My total discount from MSRP was about 4.6% which was not near the original amount that I was led to believe it might be. I was told Audi sales had always been a 10% discount thru Costco sales in past years thru Walters. The dealership failed to include my emailed request at time of order including only one option, a cargo mat in my purchase, and they didn't. I'm hoping I will receive the coupon to allow a 50% discount. After waiting 4 months and being told not to expect a car until mid January 2021, I picked up my car 8 days ago. Even thou I gave the dealership permission info to charge my credit card a $1,500 deposit, Walters put the car for sale to the public 3 days before they notified me it had arrived and the car was on the floor advertised with 14 miles to the public. I picked up the car with 21 miles. Within 18 hours I was given a price on the car, per phone, that did not match promises I was led to believe at time of order. Within a few hours I drove to Walters to buy the car and the price went up again. After a few hours of more negotiations, I was stressed out and bought the car. After waiting 4 months &;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; my custom ordered car was on floor to public, I was not happy at the end when I dealt with Brett McKinley, the Internet Manager at Walters who represented himself as an affiliate with Costco Auto Sales Program. Mr. McKinley promised to give me a copy of the invoice price and the Costco Price Sheet after the deal was closed, he didn't. Invoice price listed on many websites, including Costco's was accbout $1,200 less than Walters price Sadwas.

User's recommendation: Buyer beware!

#1965942

Hi Gary- Please contact us at Costco Auto Program so we can learn more about your experience. You can message us directly on Facebook at Facebbok.com/costcoauto or call us at 1-80*-***-****.

ID
Riverside, California
Pros
  • New dealership
Cons
  • Beware of custom ordering a new car
  • Changing prior discounts from costco
  • Price change from phone to dealership closing hassle
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article