TBiggs

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Allison Park, Pennsylvania

DONE !

Updated by user Jun 13, 2023

No. They have ignored us. I will never consider Walnut grill for dining out again, ever.

Original review May 25, 2023
5 stars for servers only. 0 stars for overall restaurant, especially food.
On Tuesday, May 23, 2023, my wife and I had dinner at your restaurant for our 42nd anniversary.

This was our decision to give your place a 2nd chance after our Nov 2021 visit for my wifes birthday. That dinner made her sick on her birthday and it definitely was from either unclean lettuce greens or someone in the kitchen failing to practice good hygiene. You brushed that off as coincidence. HA !
You sent us a gift card which we did not intend on using because of that experience, but we decided to give Walnut Grill another chance hoping we could once again have a good meal at what once was our favorite place to eat out.
It was NOT TO BE.

The servers, Brooke and a trainee were terrific, and the service is the only thing we were happy about last night. To play a style of music that a lot of people do not care for is presumptuous. And at the volume level was even more annoying than to try and block out contemporary country crap. But that was remedied when we asked Brooke to see if it could be turned down a bit, which it was, for awhile.

But someone turned it back up ½ hour later.
But that isnt the worst of our experience. The food was absolutely terrible. I didnt want to cause a fuss and send back a Rueben sandwich and cause embarrassment for my wife so I ate it anyway. I never had such lousy corned beef filled with grissle and fat through and through, having to spit a lot of it out.

Her shrimp tacos were bland and certainly not worth $16 as was the Rueben also not worth $16. Even her favorite appetizer, brussel sprouts tasted different and not as good as the many times we have had them before. All in all the dinner was awful. Service again was terrific.

Atmosphere was annoyingly loud with that music. Maybe try and choose music more of a generic blend of rock, classics, even some pop, or just some background sound that wont annoy some customers.
But the main reason we will not be back is that the quality of your food has gone from a solid 8 or 9 out of ten over the past several years to a 1 or 2. What is wrong with your chefs??? Cant they see that fatty corned beef for a Rueben should not be served???

I just dont get what has happened to the Walnut Grill we used to love from 2013 or so until 2020??? Poor management, poor quality control, lousy cooking skills, no palette to test, NO TASTE, etc. We are completely disappointed as this is the 2nd special occasion dinner ruined by your almost unedible food.
Needless to say, we WILL NOT RETURN, EVER. Dont bother to try and send a gift card as we will not use it to give you a 3rd chance.

If I owned a restaurant I would have been embarrassed to serve the kind of slop served to us last night. EMBARRASED ! I may send this to your corporate HQ as well as posting on Google etc.
Id wish you luck with fixing things there but after several attempts to give constructive feedback to you over the past few years, I gather that you just dont care.

Your chefs should be ashamed. Your management should be even more ashamed.
Pros:
  • Servers were great

User's recommendation: Find anywhere else to dine.

Linda D Jnr

Complaint about the veterans duscount

After we asked the waitress if the veteran deal was still going on for the first Tuesday of the month. She stated yes. We had three veterans at our table. We ordered and ate our food. No complaints on that. But when we got our bills only one veteran was given the promotion and she stated that now it is one veteran per table. She called the manager over and she said she couldnt do anything to change our bills. I think we should of been told before we ordered. Very disappointing. We wont go back. This restaurant was in Collier Twp in Pa.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Close to home and good happy hour
Cons:
  • Only one veteran at the table can get the promotion

Preferred solution: Would like to be able to sit with other veterans and all get the promotion

Chris S Whm
map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Bad experience

My family was racially profiled didnt get a water even after 30 minutes , also called for corporate number they said it wasnt available then also hung up on me her name was Taylor at your Washington location I came up from Columbus Ohio from my lawyer friends and got treated like a minority very bad experience and the manager also didnt care if that was the real manager very bad experience I will never come back or tell my lawyer friends !

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Never go there

Cathryn J Wbt
map-marker Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Staff asking personal for oersonal medical info

Today I visited your perry highway location. I enter the resturant with out a mask. And was grilled by your hostess on my vacination status. She stated i needed to answer pruor to being seated. This information is covered under medical privacy laws and should not be asked in the manner it was in front of a restaurant full of people. My husband respond, but i felt this was a clear violation of my right to confidentiality of my medical info. I am strongly considering discuss this with my lawyer. As on your door it clearly stated fully vaccinate individual do not need to wear a mask.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article