Verified Reviewer

Waldorf Miami

The room wasn't the best but we made the best of it (super small room). The immature manager of the hotel needs coaching. The room we received had a toilet leak, the manager first responds was "we don't have another room available, we can try to fix the leak or give you a room on the first floor (which I don't recommend)". My responds was "if we are move to the first floor what accommodations/discount will we receive?" The manager second responded "let me see what I can do". He (the manager) came back and moved us (my husband and I) to another room. There is a homeless women sitting in the lobby with her items. She was also seen throughout the hotel which made me question the hotel policy and procedures. We tried to cancel and stay somewhere else but the manager refuse to give us a refund. I have stayed at several Hilton properties and this by far has been the worst.

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your money.

Boca Raton, Florida
Pros
  • Outside amenities
Cons
  • Apprance of hotel
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Out side India

How can I connect outside india
Dubai, Dubai

Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

Problems using certificates and they are going to expire

Update by user Mar 17, 2020

They did step up and renew the certificates through April 2021. I should not have had to fight to get the Original certificates nor to get these renewed.

But they did take care of the problem and after this Corona thing, we will be using them for a nice weekend. They have my respect for taking care of this and I look forward to a better relationship with them.

Update by user Mar 06, 2020

I forgot to mention this was our 25th Anniversary vacation. They also gave us 3 small chocolates as a gift.

Really 3 small chocolates. Should have been something better. Plus my husband can't have chocolates.

We have been Hyatt members for a very long time and that was all they could do? I am considering not staying with them for all they have put us through.

Original review posted by user Mar 06, 2020
Two years ago we stayed at Casa marina Key West a Waldorf-Astoria property. The left feathers in our room when request for no feathers was made well before we arrived. I ended up in Urgent-Care. Construction going above us on and was never told about it. Fireworks one night for a wedding and never told that it would happen and it scared me at first. WI fought Waldorf- Astoria and finally got them to give me 4 nights certificates that I could use. I use two last yer and then I had a serious fall. I was going to try to use them before they expired and then I had a tooth shatter and had to have dental surgery in January/February. I still have to have further work done, but called and asked if I could get an extension for May and was told it can't be done. They will not extend them. After all I have gone through and then their response to the original complaint. One would think a property like Waldorf-Astoria would take better care and would want us to visit them again, but because I have had to fight them every inch of the way on this, I have no reason to think of them as a place to visit.

User's recommendation: Don't Stay with Waldorf-Astoria unless you want to be disappointed,

ID
Pros
  • Stepped up and renewed certificates through 2021
Cons
  • Customer service- lack of concern
Preferred solution
entend the certificates given from the first problem they caused us on our 25th Anniversary Vacation.

HORRIBLE STAY- CASA MARINA WALDORF ASTORIA KEY WEST FL