Verified Reviewer

Service works and is cheap

The phone service is cheap and works well as far as I can tell. Once in a while there is an issue but every service has an issue once in a while. I'm saving a lot of money and it works for me.

User's recommendation: Good cheap phone service.

ID
#2091913 Review #2091913 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Voipo Voip Service
Pros
  • Price

A waste of time and money with VOIPO

In February 2016, we decided to switch our secondary backup line to Voipo from our previous company of 5 years. Our first trouble started immediately with clumsy, lengthy, yet unreliable number-porting process. (I always assumed porting a number was a breeze!) The whole time I was genuinely worried that we might lost the number we used with 2 previous Voice over IP providers. Briefly, it took many days of DIY navigation without VOIPO's help after we signed for a 2 year contract. It was the first sign that VOIPO would NEVER be wrong. When time came we plugged in the adapter, we found one phone jack had dead silence, and the remaining jack had a high static noise. We assume Voipo must have blocked one and allowed the other to work, albeit the high noise level. Since this was a backup number, we simply tolerated the background static. Little did we know later on Voipo would blame us for breaking that first adapter, while it was defective upon its arrival. Fast forward two months later, one day in April 2016, we decided to make a call through this VOIPO, only to find the static was too high for intelligible conversation. After a few days of message exchanges and self troubleshooting based on their instructions, they reluctantly agreed to send us a new unit. The new unit had clear signals on both phone jacks! By then, we were aware how much "convincing" it would take for Voipo to take any action to help their customers. It left us a bad taste as if we were criminals scamming their company. We thought we had a relief now we finally had our usable phone back, just like what we always had in the past 9 years with 2 other providers! Fast-forward another 4 months, in August 2016, we happened to notice that there was no signal from the VOIPO line. We weren't really sure when it occurred since it's not our day-to-day phone. As an experienced DIYer by this point, I took a day off from work and started to troubleshoot myself. When I came to my conclusion about the culprit adapter, I realized that I had to asked for VOIPO's help. Of course, another long journey of "convincing" and agony which showcased how little Voipo thought of their customers. Each question asked was repeated a dozen times by different rep and support tech, who didn't bother spending a brief minute to read the written notes and the typed answers. Imagine each time I typed the same lengthy answers to address the inquiries from a tech or network engineer, and repeated again and again. After 5 hours on their ticket-messaging system, they sent me a suggestion of initiating an online help, in which they navigated my home computer and network environment remotely. Another 3 hours passed, they finally came to the same conclusion I had myself. At this point, Voipo put in words in effect said we were the one who messed up the system - you damaged it, you paid for it. All yours. They took zero blame. Really? In the almost past 10 years of time we never had similar experience with 2 previous providers. We have a rather new house with surge protection wired, temperature and humidity control all year round, with a designated area for the adapter where no interference was possible. Such physical set up worked well with previous companies. It's appalling that VOIPO, not for a second, considered it could be their fault. Rather than blaming us, why not sending us a quality product ? We lost hope on them and were willing to take a loss of money for a 2 years pre-paid contract. We switched to VOIPO for the low cost and the # of features but certainly regretted the decision, which at the end, not only cost us more money but the precious time spent and the efforts made. Hope this experience of our account will help you with more well rounded assessment. Don't simply go for the price and features alone! Hope you all have better luck than us!
ID
Service
Voipo Voip Service
Pros
  • Number of features provided
  • Price
Cons
  • Handling of customer care
  • Service set-up
  • Dispute resolution
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
a full contract refund $185 plus an apology for the uselessness of VOIPO service sicne signing up

About

Voipo Terms of Service
The use of services provided by VOIPo LLC [hereafter referred to as "VOIPo"] constitutes agreement to these terms. VOIPo provides The Customer with phone services over The User's broadband connection. The User of Website are responsible for updating and of the advising Voipo of any and all changes to the address or location at which VOIPo will be used. The Client of Voipo agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless VOIPo, its officers, directors, stockholders, parent corporation, its affiliated or subsidiary corporations, employees, representatives or agents and any other service provider who furnishes services to The Customer from any and all claims, damages, losses, suits or actions, fines, penalties, cost and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorney fees) or any liability whatsoever, whether suffered, made, instituted or asserted by The User of Website or by any other party or person, for any personal injury to or death of any person or persons, or for any loss, damage or destruction of any property, whether owned by The Client or others, or for any infringement or invasion or the right of privacy of any person or persons, caused or claimed to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the operation, failure or outage of services, incorrect routing, or use of, or inability of a person to use, VOIPo 911 dialing feature or service or access emergency service personnel. VOIPo provides all residential customers with a telephone adapter and softphone solution to use to connect to Voipo's' service.
To read more: https://www.voipo.com/tos.php
Top Voipo Services

Voip Service

Voipo Pros and Cons

Pros: Price, Number of features provided

Cons: Handling of customer care, Dispute resolution

Summary

VOIPO is a privately held company which specializes in telephone and messaging solutions. The company was founded in 2006. Its headquarters is based in Irvine, California, USA. VOIPO serves individuals and small businesses. There are residential VoIP, business VoIP, cloud VoIP, and reseller VoIP solutions. The company offers the following services: outbound call routing, online voicemail, online call history, custom caller ID, and others. VoIP works with regular telephones. Customers who are not satisfied with the service quality can get full refund within 30 calendar days of service joining date. The company has an affiliate program for website owners. It accepts credit cards.

Voipo reviews and complaints

Voipo is ranked 40 out of 1679 in Telecommunications category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article