Vintage Gliders - don't ship what they promise

I would like to share my experience with Vintage Gliders of Danville, VA., for the benefit of others. I purchased a restored vintage metal glider from them recently. I live in New Orleans, so I had to have the glider shipped to me, without seeing it first. The risk was even greater because of the company's policy of no credit cards; you have to send them a certified check. Well, they're just about the only ones around offerring this product, so I took a chance. On the plus side, they did ship me a glider in a reasonable amount of time and it was the size and style that I ordered. They promise that there will be no rust through and that it will glide properly, which was true. They also promise that it will be free of dents, which was not quite true. Okay, there were no really big dents, but it certainly wasn't free of dents. The big problem was the color. I chose the glider I did because of a beautiful, professional paint job displayed on their website. The six basket weave areas of the glider were painted in six, alternating concentric squares, yellow-white-yellow-white-yellow-white. The glider that arrived was painted with six pure white basket weave areas. And they weren't even painted that well (an underlying darker color could be seen showing throught). The unique, more complicated paint job pictured was a primary reason for selecting this glider and for paying the not inexpensive price. Well, prior to the arrival of my glider, I was able to contact this company easily, which I did several times to clarify one thing or another. They screen all calls through an answering machine / service. However, I was always connected promptly to someone who identified herself as Tamara Winstead. After my glider arrived however, I was no longer connected. Every attempt to speak with someone either resulted in a message that no one was available or a prompt to leave a message and someone would return my call. No calls were ever returned. Curiously, the day after my glider arrived and I first called them, the picture of the glider I ordered mysteriously disappeared from their website (although I did save the webpage before they did that). So anyone considering buying a glider from these people would be strongly encouraged to pick it up in person. If you are planning to have it shipped out of state as I did, beware that you might not get what you paid for.
ID
#120947 Review #120947 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Metairie, Louisiana
Loss

About

Summary

Vintage Gliders is a furniture company which has been in antique and vintage furniture business since 2002. Vintage Gliders offers the option of allowing its customers to choose from select old vintage furniture inventory of functional, solid old vintage metal porch glider pieces. The old vintage metal retro pieces offered have been hand selected by Vintage Gliders to ensure no dents, holes or rusted through places. The inventory offered by the company includes Vintage Patio Furniture, Outdoor Furniture, Metal Gliders, Metal Chairs, Springer Porch Gliders, Porch Swings, Metal Sliders, Vintage Metal Gliders, Vintage Gliders, Gliders, Chairs, and Accessories, etc. All the pieces are available in stock.

Vintage Gliders reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article