Ripped off by Village Shop cashier, Henderson NV

I was on my lunch break and went in to pay for gas at 12:17 pm. I was on the phone with my fiance. I gave the clerk $20 for pump #5, and went straigh out as I was in a hurry. I looked at pump 5 and realized I had parked at pump #4. Nobody was at pump 5 so I move my car over there. I went to pump gas and it wouldn't pump. I told my fiance I would call her back because of the problem. I return to the cashier and told her to reset the pump or whatever. She said what pump are you on? I said pump #5, she said yea somebody must have taken your gas as you were not there. I said nobody was there and I walked straight out there was no time for someone to take my gas. She said we have a sign on the door saying we are not responsible for your gas after you pay for it. I said nobody was there and I walked right out as I am in a hurry because I am on my lunch break. It is not possible to pump $20 in 3 seconds. I said let me talk to the manager, He said he was not going to give my money back nor the gas. I said there is nobody at the pump, my gas wasn't stolen. I said give me my gas or money or I will call the police. I called the police and noticed that the pump had a reading of $49.00 for the last sale. I took a picture of it. The police came and the manager came out with a receipt for $20 from pump #5 at 12:05 pm. I said I was at work at 12:05 pm. I arrived at the store while on the phone and the call started at 12:17 pm, and lasted for 1 minute and 14 seconds. He said this is the only receipt he had for $20. The cop said do you have video surveilance and the manager James said he would review it. He returned saying he couldn't see anything as the video was filmed from weird angles. I said if you will bring me a receipt showing the gas was pumped while I was here, not over 10 minutes before I arrived, I will be happy to leave. He said he couldn't do that. I said, just give me my money back or the gas. He said he would not do that. The police said it seemed a "little fishy", but could not do anything as it is a civil matter. I said, If I went into the store and took $20 worth of merchendise, you would arrest me but if they take my money and give me nothing, you will do nothing??? He said, you will have to sue them and if you win they will have to pay for your legal fees. I told the manager to give me the owner's name and number and he said he would only tell me his boss' name is John and is on vacation for the next 7 days and only give me the number to the store. I did get a police event number, for whatever it is worth. I think this is a scam by the cashiers to rip people off and make money on the side. They sure do seem to try to cover for each other.
ID
Las Vegas, Nevada

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article