Video Professor - slow to refund

I ordered the 'trial' VIDEO PROFESSOR via internet. If the ad stated one has 10 to look at it and them contact them, I missed it completely - I became very ill and didn't even open the trial disc. When I opened my credit card statement to find charges for $389 + $6.95 for shipping charges on the 'free trial', I telephoned their Colorado office where I was informed because I had not contacted them within 10 days of their mailing, it was ASSUMED that I would be purchasing the program for Photoshop. I told the rep that I would be returning the unopened 'trial disc' ; that I wanted an refund on my cc; she offered to reduce the cost of program by $200; I refused. Two weeks later I get another disc for which my cc was charged $189.95. I telephoned to inquire why I received the 2nd disc & was informed that I was on an automatic mailing of the lessons. I returned 2nd disc unopened vis USPO w/ tracking. 2nd disc was mailed 2-28-10, was received by Video Prof 3-5-10. It is 5-18-10 & I am yet to receive the credit for the $189.95. V.P. rep confirmed the receipt of 2nd disc; when I asked why the delay in the credit she said it had to go thru internal channels. WHAT A RIP OFF. I can take this class @ local Jr College for $20 INSTEAD OF THE $586.85 VIDEO PROFESSOR charges for the same information.

:( My sister was ripped off by this company and followed all the rules. They have complaints all over the inernet.

Consumers are trusting that the company is true to their word and think they are only getting charged for the shiiping that they agreed to. This company caters to the population that does not completely understand the internet.

They then pray on that consumer. They should be put out of business!

You are the *** that did not follow directions. Learn how to be responsible for your own actions (or in-actions). ***.

View more comments (1)
Irvine, California

Video Professor refund run-around

Ordered trial 10/20. Full amount deducted (189.95) 11/3. Returned product received 11/9 by signature confirmation mail, told refund will received in 30 days. Thirty three days later told my refund was expedited and would be receiving refund in another 15 days. 1/08 contacted attorney, BBB, and any other complaint organization to get the word out that I am an UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! another interesting tidbit... why does this company have an A rating on the BBB??? with over 700 "resolved" refund complaints??? someone please explain, how can this be?

Sorry for the dilemna with VP, but a little research beforehand would have saved you from your experience. I avoided ordering their product for the very reason you describe as well as other shennanigans I read about. Were there is smoke there is fire, and I don't understand why the kabosh has not been put on these folks yet.

Memphis, Tennessee

Video professor has taken my money and now wont return it even if they say they are for 3mths now

they received their portion back that was required and now i have been waiting 3 months for the money they took out of my account..the amount was 189.95 and every time i call them they give me a run around about getting it back...help..this isnt right for any company to do..i have been trying since august 12, 2009 to get this back from them and they first said will take 30-45 days then they changed it to business days and now i have been waiting again because the last time i called they said it was going to be another 10-15 business days because the computer didnt pay it..now i just called again and now i need to wait another 5 business days to find out why it wasnt paid to begin with ..
#120688

I had the same problem and immediately filed a claim with my credit card company for unauthorized charge they credited my money and then disputed the charge with video professor. They dont mention how they give you a 30 day trial but charge you after only 10 days. Then when I called to return the item they were rude and impossible so I went to the credit card company.

I thought about getting video professor but with all the negative comments related to it, I have changed my mind, I know how those scam works.

Your's isn't the 1st such complaint. It seems to be the norm for these folks. I'll bet you're finding that out now in doing some after the fact research?

View more comments (2)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article