Installation question

The installer did not get the seam flush and said he has seen worse and that there is no way to fix it.

User's recommendation: I would not recommend this company at this time.

#2053529

This is an issue with the installer, and has nothing to do with the product itself.

ID
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

LG Viatera Quartz

BUYER BEWARE of LG Quartz. I had my LG Quartz Viaterra Minuet installed 1 year ago and it already looks like we have lived here for 10 years! I am very, very displeased. I have multiple chips on my island and on one slab at the side of my kitchen (I have 5 different slabs in my kitchen since it is a large U) My installer came out to look at it originally and said that this is the first time he has experienced anything like this. So a claim was made w LG and they sent a 3rd party to inspect. They just came back and said that the chips were due to abuse! I am really very unhappy. What I don't understand is how I could abuse the quartz in these areas and see chips. Yet in high use areas around my sink and stove, I have no chips. Its on the island and on one side of my kitchen that doesn't have as much use. To me, this indicates an issue w the material in those particular slabs. Why would my abuse be limited to certain areas that are not even high traffic? The 3rd party inspector even indicated that a couple of the chips that were above the silverware drawer could have been because my kids were playing with knives and cut the quartz? Really? There are only butter knives in that drawer? How would a 12 year old cut quartz w a butter knife? We had granite in my kitchen for 10 years prior to remodeling w the LG Quartz and had 2 chips in the whole kitchen. I thought quartz was supposed to be as durable if not better than granite. I guess not if you buy LG. Anyway, my installer is going to be nice enough to come back and try to smooth out the chips and fill them in. I suspect that we will likely need to do this once a year until I get frustrated enough to spend another $8,000 to replace it with a higher quality product.

I totally agree. My minuet was installed 6 months ago and it is completely covered with scratches.

I live alone and rarely cook.

My understanding was that quartz was more durable than granite. Does this happen to other brands of quartz?

ID
#1193635 Review #1193635 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Houston, Texas
Product
Viatera Minuet Countertop
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article