Vet Pets sent my cat home extremely sick & mis-diagnosed!

My cat Azzy was having a hard time breathing so we took her to the emergency pet hospital and they put her in an oxygen machine and told us to take her to our regular vet to get medicine. They said she more than likely has asthma. As soon as we get out of the emergency vet we take her to 'Vet Pets' and they put her on oxygen. Hours later they send her home saying she is doing fine. I get her home and she can't breath. I bring her back up the 'Vet Pets' and they tell me they have to run the tests or there is no other way to find out what's wrong ( even though the emergency vet told Vet Pets that is was most likely asthma ). We pay the money for more tests and the vet tells me they are still unsure of what is wrong and that it might be cancer and they need to run an ultra sound. I start to get the feeling that they are taking me for all I'm worth so I decided to get a second opinion. Turns out she did have asthma and because she wasn't treated in time ( Thanks to Vet Pets ) she was in a horrible state of health. Vet Pets realized that we would do anything we could to save our beloved kitty and they took advantage of that. People like the doctor who took advantage of us should not be allowed to practice on animals. He put making money off of us above helping my kitty.

Horrible experience with both of my dogs at this clinic. Vets were rude and condescending, clinic was extremely overpriced, charging for vaccinations that several other vets labeled as "moneymakers", and entire staff tried to shove "package deals" down my throat during the entire visit.

Clinic smelled HORRIBLE with the reptile and bird area extremely unsanitary. I have since switched to a vet who actually cares about cats and dogs!!

ID
Raleigh, North Carolina
Loss

About

Summary

VCA Vets & Pets Animal Hospital of Santa Clara, CA - where your pet's health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal.

Vet Pets reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article