Verde restaurant on smith street in brooklyn n.y sucks

VERDE RESTAURANT ON SMITH STREET IN BROOKLYN N.Y SUCKS!!! THE FOOD SUCKS, ITS OVER PRICED, THE DRINKS ARE EXPENSIVE AND THE OWNER IS AN ALCOHOLIC WHO LIKES TO GET INTOXICATED WHILE WORKING. THERE ARE MANY RESTAURANTS IN THIS AREA THAT ARE WAY BETTER AND CHEAPER THAN THIS DIVE. THIS DUMP WAS A LAUNDROMAT. THE RESIDENTS OF THIS AREA NEEDED A LAUNDROMAT. SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS SUCH AS VALENTINA AND HER HUSBAND NISSEN STAND NO CHANCE WITH "BIG SHOTS" SUCH AS "VERDE"OWNER. THE LAST THING THE COMMUNITY NEEDED WAS ANOTHER RESTAURANT. LEAVE ALONE A HIGH PRICED LOW FOOD QUALITY ESTABLISHMENT. IT IS IN OUR POWER TO SHUT IT DOWN BY NOT GIVING THEM OUR BUSINESS. BELOW IS A BLOG I COPIED AND PASTE. Katia over at the blog Pardon Me For Asking points out that 216 Smith Street, former site of Valentina's Laundromat that closed in April, will become a bar and restaurant. Her response: "Groan! Don't we have enough bars and restaurants on Smith Street already?" The word on the street, according to Katia, is that Valentina and her husband Nissen could not afford rising rents. According to a bill affixed to the gate at 216, a company called Verde N.Y., Inc. is behind the new venture. The notice also states that there will be an opportunity for public comment tonight at a meeting of Community Board 2 at 6:00 p.m., Brooklyn Hospital at Dekalb and Felix, third floor, rooms 1A and 1B. GMAP Posted by frankieboy at 1:19 PM 0 comments Labels: BROOKLYN N.Y, RESTAURANT, SMITH

I'm sorry but whoever says the food sucks has an axe to grind. The food is excellent.

The owner is a very nice man.

I cannot say if he is an alcoholic although I have never seen him drink and I eat there weekly. The prices are not too high at all.

Verde is suck ***

The main post is true the owner is a real alcoholic!!!

how do I know that ? I worked there, and all he does is drink all day and make racist remarks(thats why I left) But the food really is amazing!!!

#208181

I have known verde and the owner cono for six months and i know that he does not drink while working. I patronize verde weekly what you did or create is false. ok frankieboy

#207874

You are the biggest *** on hearth.I am a restaurant owner,and you *** me off.

***

#206608

Alas, I have moved out of Brooklyn because it has become all Verdes and defenders of Verdes. I do not regret the move in the least.

#198751

My friend and I happened upon Verde and had an amazing meal in the patio. The food was authentic and the service was outstanding.

Two men (eiher of whom could have been the owner) were very hospitable and added to the comfortable, friendly atmosphere. To the owner: I would not even bother to repond to such claims, although it would be hard to refrain. I know starting a restaurant is hard work, but word will get out about how good you are and comments (ok, rants) like this one do not even deserve a minute of your time.

It is not your fault that rents were raised or the laundromat went out of business.

We will be back and will send anyone we meet who is coming to Brooklyn your way!

My son lives in the neighborhood and attends NYU Poly, downtown. One evening he and I just happened upon Verde and had an absolutely delightful evening. The food is simple, well-prepared, fresh and beautifully presented. We found the entire staff attentive and well-trained. We have been back twice since that evening.

Cono, the owner has treated us like royalty each and every time. He is a classic Neapolitan gentlemen. The comments on the original posting are the typical ridiculous rants that our electronic world allows. Anyone, can say anything, about anyone!

If you're in the neighborhood, definitely give Verde a try...

Shame on you. It's really a lovely restaurant, good food, a very nice wine list, friendly staff, a beautiful bar and a pretty garden in the back. I hope readers will not be swayed by this ignorant, obnoxious and completely uncalled-for rant.

The original poster of this article is ignorant beyond words. I am not the owner of Verde, nor have I had the opportunity to try it.

However, you have posted slanderous and malicious accounts of a business without first trying it? Calling the owner a drunk without direct knowledge? As a restaurantuer myself, people like you disgust me. We do not get rich off of one neighborhood restaurant.

Our profit margins are lower than any other business, usually 5-10% if you are lucky. We employ more peolpe in our business than your average bodega, laundromat, boutique, bank, etc. As a whole, the restaurant industry is the 2nd largest employer in the country, after the government.

By making invalid claims and harming a business, you are not only harming the owner, but their staff as well.

From what I understand of this restaurant, it is a upscale dining restaurant, not some frat bar serving underage minors and and hosting drunken parties. You are an *** for writing this post.

View more comments (14)
ID
New York, New York

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article