Vance Music Studios

I purchased four gift certificates for music lessons for my wife for Christmas. The cost was $105.00. My wife called and scheduled her first lesson. The day of the lesson, she received a call informing her that the instructor was ill and that they would need to reschedule. My wife was a little upset, but she rescheduled for the following week. The day of the scheduled lesson, my wife's aunt died. Her aunt was more like her Mother to her than her own Mother. After the Aunt's stroke, my wife had been her only companion and nurse. As soon as my wife returned from the hospital, she called Vance Music Studios to cancel her lesson. My wife was distraught over the loss of her loved one, and that she was now unable to share the news of her first lesson with her aunt. The girl who answered the phone at Vance Music Studios said, "I'm sorry, but you will have to pay for the lesson, because you did not cancel more than 24 hours in advance". Nice. I spoke to Mr. vance, who decided that the best way to talk to me, was to yell and attempt to talk over me, instead of listening to the complaint, and resolving the issue. I had to write a letter to Mr. Vance and ask for a full refund for my gift certificates, which he sent me only partial return payment. He charged us for the missed lesson, and informed us that that was his policy, and that we should have known that from the time we registered for lessons. I wrote him back and asked for the difference, since we never registered for lessons, all we had ever done was purchase gift certificates for lessons. No contract was ever written, much less agreed to. We are still short owed $25 by Vance Music Studios, and I will spend the equivalent to that informing everyone everywhere of the shoddy customer service from Vance Music Studios.
ID
Atlanta, Georgia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article