Carlos G Lam

| map-marker Fort Myers, Florida

THEY ARE CHARGING OVER MSRP

Val Ward Cadillac - THEY ARE CHARGING OVER MSRP
Original review Jun 02, 2022

Val Ward Cadillac, Inc. is taking advantage of the difficult times we are all going through by charging customers over the MSRP.

My wife and I reserved a preorder directly with Cadillac online for the 2023 Lyriq , we chose Val Ward Cadillac because of the location. I called before the preorder and talked to a sell representative name Bill, I told him I was NOT going to pay over MSRP, and he told me not to worry that he was understanding. I went ahead and made the preorder reservation. Later I went and talked to a General manager on Saturday May 28th to ask for a guarantee in writing stating that I would not be charged over MSRP, he joked and said all dealers are doing the same, and he would get back to me on Tuesday, I never heard from him, I went back to the dealer on Tuesday, I spoke to another sales manager and again I did not get a straight answer about not being charged over MSRP.

I think they are taking advantage of the situation in this country, overcharging the customers, if the car makers like General Motors set a price on a car with the MSRP sticker from factory and they are having the problem with parts shortage, why the Cadillac dealer are over charging consumers if they are not the ones building the cars. If you buy a new car normally the first year you loose around $10,000 in value, if you paid another $5,000 or $10,000 over the MSRP and try to sell or trade in the vehicle one year later, you will be under by $20,000 because the Greedy dealer charged you over MSRP. Personally I won't let that happen to me. By the way not all Cadillac dealers in these area are charging over MSRP to preorder the Cadillac Lyriq.

My advice call around go to the dealer in person before you send the Pre-Order to any Car Dealers. GM has previously warned dealers about excessive markups, and has stated that demanding money above and beyond the reservation amounts set in GM's program rules would "force GM to take action if it learns of any unethical sales practices or brokering activities that undermine the integrity of its brands."

These actions could include diverting future Lyriq vehicles to other dealerships.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: To get it in writing won't charge you over MSRP. If not walk and shop around.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article