Bad Experience

We purchased a chocolate Ragdoll from Ryan Fuller in College Station, TX a few years ago. When we arrived at his duplex, it smelled so overwhelming strong of cat urine that I could hardly breath. I have never seen so many cats running around in such unsanitary conditions like that before. When we got to the area where the kitten was, it was immediately apparent that the kitten had not been socialized at all. She and the other kittens seemed terrified and were very afraid of people. We went against our gut feeling about this whole situation because we felt so bad for the kitten and went ahead and adopted the kitten anyway. One we brought the kitten home later that day, we noticed the kitten was sneezing and having trouble breathing. Apparently it was extremely sick. We took it to the vet the very next day and we were told it had a severe respiratory problem and ear mites. The kitten was so sick that after several rounds of antibiotics over the course of several months, it was still not getting well and actually almost died. Thankfully it finally pulled through after a very long battle, but it still has severe health issues and breathing problems to this day. We love this sweet cat and are glad we rescued her from this nightmare but I do feel that this needs to be shared with others so they will be aware of that this business seems to definitely be a cat mill. Also, we have noticed that Ryan changes the name of his business frequently so I have listed the business names that he has used. I hope that sharing our experience helps someone else to make a more informed decision when purchasing a kitten from a breeder since not all breeders are reputable.

I sent the Owner a deposit for a female cat. I was set to pick up next weekend with no picture or response to my other questions.

When I sent an email about my doubts and concerns, he finally sent me a picture and answered my questions. But when I looked at the time stamp of the picture, it was an older cat.

When I called him out on it and asked if he could take a picture of our cat with today’s time stamp, he said, “ I can, but In retrospect she is not that sweet” (We wanted a friendly female kitten)and refunded my deposit without trying To offer another cat. I’m glad we got our money back, but I would advise others to find another Cattery with better communication and treats his customers well.

I have sent a deposit to Ryan for a kitten, and I didn't do a good search for reviews before I sent it. This guy has an F rating from the BBB, and I have found at least 2 other websites he operates under different names.

Its been a week since I sent the deposit via PayPal and no response to email or text.

I'm planning a trip to his cattery to investigate for myself. I will post more after I see his operation.

View more comments (1)
ID
Product
Usa Ragdolls Ragdoll Cat
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article