jack s Raf

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Manchester, England

Poor handling of a International Package

International shipment of a briar-smoking pipe via UPS I ordered a pipe from an Italian pipe company Lanzola Pipe Shop and paid them 30 Euros for shipping the pipe via UPS, and 86.89 Euros for the pipe for a total of 116 .89 Euros. Due to poor processing by UPS, when the item arrived in the US it was tagged by the U.S,Department.

Of Agriculture as a small quantity of plant material, even though the description said Briarwood Tobacco Smoking Pipe.

Also tagged by US Customs as an item with no TTB certificate. TTB is the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau. UPS Supply Chain Solutions then handled the item and added a brokerage fee and Customs Fee. I wound up paying an extra Brokerage Fee of $31 and Customs fee of $25 for a total of $56.00.

So the total shipping for this Briar pipe cost me $86.

UPS should be ashamed for allowing UPS Supply Chain Solutions to be part of their company

CC UPS CEO Carol Tomé

Poor Service

Poor Quality

Poor Value

UPS Tracking # 1Z86634V049915****. UPS Supply Chain Solutions

Account# 7US2VAFE56

Invoice # 176131****

Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not trust this company

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Beware of UPS international shipping & UPS Supply Chain Solutions

Tanza Wxa

UPS Doesn't Care About Doing What's Legal or Right

To put it in brief form, I ordered a product in June, 2019. A week later that product had been left on my porch, for delivery. Fast forward to 9/13/2019, when a Ms. Kayla Kindt from UPS Small Package Customs Brokerage called me and said that the company had sent the package “prepaid”, which, in UPS lingo makes me responsible for all government charges associated with importing the product. Therefore, UPS had my name on the invoice. If I failed to pay the $52.56 that was owed within five days, the matter would be handed to a collection agency. Despite the fact that I never signed anything, or engaged UPS in any way, she considered it my debt, despite my protestations, and refusal to pay. She didn’t care what was legal or right, she wanted the money, and would do whatever was necessary to get it. Her insistence that I pay would never stand-up in a court of law because I did not engage UPS in any way, or sign anything, but she didn’t care. She knew that someone would never go to court over the small sum involved. I am a disabled senior, and have spent my lifetime building an outstanding credit score. She felt that she could easily bully, threaten, and lie to the point where I would tire of the fight, and pay a debt that was not mine to protect my reputation. The summary is one of risk, and risk avoidance. Anytime that something is shipped to you via UPS, you are at risk if the product is imported and the importer has not paid the government fees. Anyone has the right to refuse a delivery by UPS, thus avoiding the risk. If your firm is reputable, ship via a service other than UPS. If you order a product, specify that UPS is not to be engaged. Finally, refuse any delivery that UPS might make. Taking these steps will nullify the risk of a nightmare, like I have gone through.
Cons:
  • Assign debt to a third party without partys knowledge
Reason of review:
Problems with payment

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article